DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0 Post Launch DLC Contains Monte Carlo, Sweden and German Rallies

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 Season Content.jpg

Codemasters have revealed the first round of post release DLC for DiRT 2.0 - and it has plenty of very sweet content set to hit the sim.

With release day set for later this month, Codemasters have already taken the bold decision to announce the first wave of post release DLC content set to hit the rally driving simulation, and it is already taking shape to be a very, very impressive collection of both cars and rallies lined up to come to the title following public release.

Noted as the first "season" of DLC content, with more set to follow later, the first load of additional paid addons for the game will include no less than three returning rally events from the original DiRT Rally, spread over an 11 week post release period. Back and substantially upgraded from DiRT Rally comes the famous Monte Carlo, Swedish and German events, giving a nice mix of snow, ice and tarmac surfaces for players to sample the new physics and features of DiRT 2.0.

Also forming part of the 11 week update schedule will be new cars - notably the ŠKODA Fabia and Subaru Impreza fan favourites.. so plenty to get stuck into for players of the game.

“It was important for us to not just include brand new content for DiRT Rally 2.0, but also to recognise the fan favourites from the previous titles”, commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer. Gowing continued, “The improvements the team have made for DiRT Rally 2.0 are plain to see, and Monte Carlo is a shining example of that. I think it looks incredible, and I hope our players feel the same way too. We are making a significant commitment to expanding the DiRT Rally 2.0 experience for the players that have been calling for us to do exactly that over a number of years.”
Fear not those of you who are thinking the returning rallies will merely be a rehash of DiRT Rally content - the new stages have undergone significant updates for inclusion in DiRT 2.0, enjoying visual upgrades thanks to the new lighting system, and of course benefitting from the new for DiRT 2.0 track materials improvements. Previews of the Monte Carlo rally stages can be seen in the images below, already looking considerably improved from what was a very solid baseline in DiRT Rally:

Monte Carlo - DiRT Rally
Monte 2 - DR1.jpg

Monte Carlo DiRT Rally 2.0
Monte 2 - DR2.jpg

DiRT Rally
Monte DR1.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0
Monte DR2.jpg

• Week 1: ŠKODA Fabia Rally, Citroën C4 Rally
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Opel Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally
Players who pre-order or buy the Deluxe Edition will have this Season One content, plus Season Two which contains a similar level of content and features, included as part of their Season Pass. Players who pre-order the Deluxe Edition will also have early access to the game from 22nd February 2019. Day One or Standard Edition players will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I really don't see the problem with Codemasters releasing a base game and then giving us the option to buy extra content later if we wish. I purchased DLCs for Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Project Cars 2 and rFactor2, so have no problem buying it for Dirt Rally 2.0.

If Dirt Rally 2.0 it is as good a sim as Dirt Rally, then they will sell a lot of DLC. If it is as good as Dirt 4 (from what I've read), then we can all save our money.

End result is that we may have 12 countries to rally, more cars than Dirt Rally and VR. :)

Thanks. But tbh for me recycling of stages is a huge disappointment.
I could bet everybody can drive the old routes without pacenotes.
Omg if that is really true it'll be f*** annoying.

Only hope they add an extra unique road with around 15k, but if not, puh it's damn recycling.

It's shady tactics like this that are the reason the AAA gaming industry is already starting to crash. No, I am not going to pay extra for a graphically 'refreshed' version of what was included in the first game years ago.

I have been following this forums for quite a while now, and I have feeling that no matter what codemasters do, people will always find even the smallest thing to cry about
- Codemasters do stage generator > "The stages are so repetitive and boring" (which is true by the way, but that's besides the point)
- Codemasters do handcrafted stages > "Everybody drives the without pacenotes"
-Codemasters support game after launch >"Why do I have to pay for extra content"
- Codemasters don't support game after launch >"too little content, boring"
- Codemasters bring fan favorites in DLC > "WTF why do I have to pay for the same content that was in previous game!?"
- Codemasters bring new locations in DLC > "WTF where is Monte. Rally game is incomplete without Monte"
- Codemasters don't support VR > "No VR No Buy"
- Codemasters support VR > "No Triple screen no buy"
The list goes on and on. Guys ffs under every frickin post about Codemasters game, there is a one big cry, about things that when they're being done by other developers, no one cares. Seriously explain this to me. RF2/Assetto Corsa releases roadmap with DLC plans - no one gives a damn. Codemasters release roadmap with DLC plans - big b**thurt.

For the Skoda, the R5 was in Deluxe Edition ? Or it's the Skoda Fabia WRC 2005 ?

The base game has the Škoda R5. The DLC Škoda is the 2005 WRC.

End result is that we may have 12 countries to rally, more cars than Dirt Rally and VR. :)

Console pleb here. I won't even consider this game without PSVR. And now they want me to pay for Monte, Sweden and Germany, which I pre ordered three years ago on PS4, and on top of that they want my money to run those stages again BUT WITHOUT VR?

No way, José.

They are exact same stages, with upgraded graphics. Here's direct comparison shots:

http://blog.codemasters.com/communi...9LC3JqJBFzc_h8mLtFxG0b4dU83CNVmCN3j_d-bgfvz0I

But check closely the old screenshots.They used low settings for the "Before" shots. :D

Literally how low can you go? Just fired up Monte Carlo in Dirt Rally 1 with Ultra settings, I couldn't find the exact places where they took those screens, but the shadows for example are nothing like that with Ultra, not jagged...

hgp04oR.png

Left one if from my game. Right one if from the first of their "Before" comparison shots :rolleyes: Not the same spot, but same asset.

Yeah, I didn't think shadows could go that low, probably not the only thing they lowered, and they just added or changed placement of some foliage, changed a few textures and the time of day to make it look different.

Honestly RD try and make this announcement sound good but Codemasters just cut content that was in the first game and making us pay extra for it here. It's pretty pathetic and disappointing, and anyone who's defending this behavior needs to pay extra for the brain DLC.

DLC already planned...or is that what was stripped out of the game just prior to release???

All the more reason to wait until it's released as a "Gold Bundle" with all of this DLC + VR in about a year.

Just look how quickly F1 2018 has dropped in price during this last Steam Lunar Sale.

• Deleted member 637371

" Codemasters have already taken the bold decision to announce the first wave of post release DLC content"

Bold? Damn right cheek. I was looking forward to buying this at the end of the month but I will be waiting for the sale next year now, I'm sick of devlopers taking us for idiots. No wonder people pirate games when they try and suck every penny from us by limiting content and tagging on DLC after DLC.

This is a cash grab. The people defending codemasters or other Devs at this BS have either too much money or too little intelligence to understand why this is a bad precedent to support.

Not exactly fan of announcing additional content before the game is even out, especially given that a fair amount of that content seems to be something we already had, even if refreshed. I would really prefer new content over stages we already have memorized by driving hundreds of hours on them.

But I guess it all depends on how the game drives. If it's like the original Dirt Rally, then I guess having the old stages back is not that bad, especially if the pricing of the DLC is right. If it's another Dirt 4, however... I'm still so split about this game based on what we've heard and seen...:/

More importantly, though, how did they manage to get the permission to use that content? Last time it was mentioned they said they can't go near the original Dirt Rally content as it was authentic real-life stages/roads that WRC also uses, and now they can apparently use it again?

More importantly, though, how did they manage to get the permission to use that content? Last time it was mentioned they said they can't go near the original Dirt Rally content as it was authentic real-life stages/roads that WRC also uses, and now they can apparently use it again?

I think it's pretty clear now there are no licensing issues. Put in El Cóndor - Copina, say it's in Catamarca. Revive DR1 stages, say it's just remastered from a previous game. Or just call Monte Carlo something like Štrbské Pleso.

It's pretty obvious by now that the only thing Kylotonn has under locks are the modern WRC cars and the stage names. Codies either has some serious licensing deficiencies or they're just being lazy.

@Ludwig von Mises Well, that would mean the people explaining the issues before were lying to everyone, and I don't believe that.

And you can also see that Monte Carlo is still clearly called Monte Carlo and so on, so they're not (thankfully, because it would be really dumb to call it something else, like it always is in any game) going that route either.

Hmm, you can also say they are transparant.
You know what will be in the release, you know what will be in the first dlc and its planning.

You decide.
Feel ok, buy, feel not ok, don’t buy.
Feel ok-ish, decide when to buy or how to buy...

Clear consumer choice.

Games today are not the same as games 10 -20 years ago, there is more development time and cost.

Not saying all is right in the gaming industry, its not, but there is another side.

As someone who has recently stepped into VR, I tend to look at the positive side here, the introduction of VR by consumer pressure.

Last edited:
Now we can guess that in season two content will be Wales, Greece and Finland. These are the three missing locotions that have not yet been announced but have been done before.

12 rallies plus VR and I hope good physics, it's OK for me.

This is pretty shady and lazy in some ways but i sort of don’t mind. Ideally, I would love how Hitman 2 did but I guess it isn’t as easy as it seemed. I always wanted a larger rally game with more routes with decent polish, this may be the game that offers that. Really hope they do something with tarmac physics.

I appreciate the old stages are back as that is the easiest way to expand the content. Hopefully season 2 will have more new content.

I have been following this forums for quite a while now, and I have feeling that no matter what codemasters do, people will always find even the smallest thing to cry about
- Codemasters do stage generator > "The stages are so repetitive and boring" (which is true by the way, but that's besides the point)
- Codemasters do handcrafted stages > "Everybody drives the without pacenotes"
-Codemasters support game after launch >"Why do I have to pay for extra content"
- Codemasters don't support game after launch >"too little content, boring"
- Codemasters bring fan favorites in DLC > "WTF why do I have to pay for the same content that was in previous game!?"
- Codemasters bring new locations in DLC > "WTF where is Monte. Rally game is incomplete without Monte"
- Codemasters don't support VR > "No VR No Buy"
- Codemasters support VR > "No Triple screen no buy"
The list goes on and on. Guys ffs under every frickin post about Codemasters game, there is a one big cry, about things that when they're being done by other developers, no one cares. Seriously explain this to me. RF2/Assetto Corsa releases roadmap with DLC plans - no one gives a damn. Codemasters release roadmap with DLC plans - big b**thurt.

AMEN Julo26.
And it has been like this forever. On a previous site (bhmotorsports.com) years ago it was exactly the same. Praise for all sorts of games and developers, but what EVER Codemasters did, it´s always just nag nag nag.
Probably never going to change
For just a little bit of time, when Codies released the early access version of Dirt Rally, I hears praise so that it was unbelievably un-codies-talk like. And then when they announced Dirt Rally 2, everybody seemed to fall over each others feet to proclaim that Dirt Rally 1 was really a shitty Codemasters game too.
Jeez it´s friggin sad imo.

I was actually counting the countries from DR1 as additional content to the 12 rallies we have been promised in DR2. Now, it's come to light that the 6 'extra' rallies (3 at least, potentially 3 more) are just going to be rehashed from the first game? Where there were already not enough stages!? The DLC thing, I don't mind. Hell, even announcing it pre release is not that annoying to me, as a fan of fighting games, this has (rightly or wrongly) become standard practice. I would rather have the option to purchase extra content that might not otherwise have been available (as opposed to 'ripped out' of the base game) than see the game die off earlier than it needed to. It also depends on the type of game though and the community, if any, that surrounds it.

BUT, with quality rally titles, and content for that matter, at an ABSOLUTE premium these days, the news of rehashed content has almost finalised my decision to not support this game. People that are having a go at other people complaining at Codemasters need to understand one thing. If CM stopped doing CM things, we wouldn't have anything to complain about. How exactly does a company manage to dampen the announcement and imminent release of the successor to their most loved title in recent memory? Well, check out the future content plans on page 1, for starters. Not only do the stages we've already seen look like Michigan and Spain from Dirt 4, with only NZ seeming anything resembling fresh, but confirmed are 3 rallies from a previous title, verbatim.

Is the new driving model really that good? For the title to warrant a purchase for access to pretty much everything already seen prior, it would well want to be.

We got a bit of info about the cars from Christina from Codemasters on Reddit, saying this:

"For licensing reasons, we can't be too specific on the car models - but as soon as the content is released, you'll be able to identify them easily enough. :)

However, the Skoda Fabia Rally is 14 years old and competed in the top flight of rally. The C4 is nine years old, and also competed in the top flight of rally. Also, the Subaru Impreza did too... two years before that. (I hope I can count. It is 2019, right?)

EDIT: No, I can't count. The Subaru Impreza is 2001. I'm just going to write the date so I don't look like more of an idiot!" (Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/c...e_content_revealed_for_dirt_rally_20/egbienj/)

So the Fabia is from 2005, the C4 from 2010 and Impreza is from 2001. Nice to see the Bugeye back, and nice to see some more "rare" cars like the Fabia (rare as in the Impreza is in almost every rally game ever, the 2005 Fabia is not :p)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back