DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Plenty of Improvements Detailed in New Roadbook Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have shed plenty of light on what is set to be new and improved in DiRT 2.0 - giving yet more insight into what looks likely to be a very impressive new rally title.

DiRT 2.0 is set to become the successor to the very popular DiRT Rally title of 2015 from Codemasters, and as such the studio appear to have been at pains to ensure the things that the original title did well have been brought over to the new release, but with even more refinements and improvements to what was very much an impressive launch all the way back in December 2015.

With Codemasters using the new game to reinvigorate the push for a more realistic rally experience, moving away from the arcade focussed DiRT 4, players can hopefully expect a much more refined and detailed depiction of loose surface performance driving in 2.0, something that should resonate with fans of both the real world sport and the classic Colin McRae Rally series - a franchise of games that Codemasters have gone to great lengths to pay homage to with the new title.

Neatly wrapping up the synergy between the original series and this upcoming release, Codies have even gone so far as to announce a tribute steelbook edition of DiRT 2.0, firmly wedging the design of the packaging firmly in line with the 2000 CMR2.0 game - a definite classic for rally fans of the era...

"For us, using the same design principles as we did for Colin McRae Rally 2.0 felt like a natural fit,’ said Codemasters’ Product Manager, Matthew Beckett. ‘After all, the “2.0” of DiRT Rally 2.0 was on homage to the title of Colin McRae Rally 2.0 – and although the games have changed a lot since then, our raison d’être has remained the same: to represent rally racing as truthfully as possible. Using this design is a nostalgic tribute to one of our most-loved rally games, but also a promise to our community to deliver the same, white-knuckle experience that Colin McRae Rally 2.0 did all those years ago.’

Chief Games Designer Ross Gowing said of the Steelbook: ‘it’s a great nod to where the studio has come from, and reminds us all of the amazing quality benchmark that Codemasters have always set.’
Not long to go now folks, just get Christmas and the New Year out of the way and we shall be all set to have some off road racing fun!

DiRT Rally 2.0 will release February 26th 2019.

DiRT 2.0 Screenshot.jpg

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally 2.0 Sub Forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
If developers of Racing Sims solely look at Steam Stats then that's where they're going wrong, they need to look at VR users in Racing Sims (throw in Space & Flight as well) where the percentage is much much higher. Lets not forget the recent Steam Stats whereby it said an incredibly small amount of users have Wheels, should Sims therefore drop support for those? Of course not, Stats from the Genre of Game/Sim are more comparable to those of the general overall Stats.
True 100% !!!!No vr no buy no supporting they salary!

not true, just like with the racing games, most people have multi monitor setups, not VR. Absolutely most of the flight sims I tried either don't have VR support , or it's simply unplayable because of the bad FPS that you tend to get in flight simualtors, even with low settings.

VR is still small fish, it's growing but it's still small
You talking nonsense sorry never ever tell this!i don't have any problem with fps in flight sims specially in DCS world!You just don't have VR and you talking Shixx on it!if you have gtx260 and Pentium 4 sorry yeah well you will have even in latest tetris bad fps!

You talking nonsense sorry never ever tell this!i don't have any problem with fps in flight sims specially in DCS world!You just don't have VR and you talking Shixx on it!if you have gtx260 and Pentium 4 sorry yeah well you will have even in latest tetris bad fps!

Sometimes it is rather wise to just look up who you are talking to, and maybe - just maybe, you avoid pooping in your own leg.

wow, you got a magic ball to figure all that out ?

I have i7 4930K with evga 1070 ( non TI) and in Xplane11 , I'm usually hovering around 20-30 fps - non VR , but that's bit far away from 60 in VR
DSC wold is maybe better of FPS, haven't tried that one, War Thunder was fine in VR, but then again, I wouldn't call that proper sim anyhow

I have i7 4930K with evga 1070 ( non TI) and in Xplane11 , I'm usually hovering around 20-30 fps - non VR , but that's bit far away from 60 in VR
DSC wold is maybe better of FPS, haven't tried that one, War Thunder was fine in VR, but then again, I wouldn't call that proper sim anyhow

Try AeroFly FS2 and il-2 sturmovik, both very smooth in VR :)

yout just have sh**ty, outdated hardware...get at least a 7700k and at gtx 1080.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 283 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%