• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured DiRT 2.0: Oculus VR Update Arrives at Last

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 2, 2019.

1. stormychel

stormychel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    Because they are also chugging along on SteamVR, which is a massive shame because performance on OculusVR is much, much better...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +788
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mms

mms

Ratings:
    +129
    Thanks for the info, there's also a sale on steam now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +788
    Oh yes, same price "phew!"

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. mms

mms

Ratings:
    +129
    Now that I finally bought it, could someone with a Fanatec CSW2 share their in-game/wheel settings please? The FFB with default settings don't feel too good, other than that first impressions are pretty good!

6. mms

mms

Ratings:
    +129
    Man, you saved my life!!!

Strange thing is that at the beginning I didn't have the issue, but today I had some windows update forced on me, and it started that crazy stutter. I rolled back the update, thinking it was the cause, tried almost everything and still had that crazy 2-seconds stutter. I was pulling my hair out :mad:

I just installed this and it fixed it, glad I found your post, I was thinking to reinstall the damn OS because of this.

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. ThugUK

ThugUK

Ratings:
    +231
    Well had a week of great gaming using the Rift CV1 with this, until yesterday when I kept getting stutters and the noise of USB devices unplugging. My accelerator would also briefly stop.
    Is that the reported issue, that the above fix rectifies?

8. jego

jego

Ratings:
    +404
    I initially refunded the game after I bought it once it got VR support.
    Bought it again now, as I just read about the update, however VR still runs super bad for me.
    I have to turn down everything to make it run smooth which makes everything look so bad that it is not enjoy able to play.

Running a RTX2080 and a Ryzen 2700x with a Oculus Rift.
    Am I missing something?

9. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,077
    No idea, but it should be running better. i7-6700, GTX 1060, 16GB RAM here, and I'm able to get smooth performance with nearly everything set to High on my Rift. You're definitely starting it in Oculus mode, not SteamVR mode, right?

• Like Like x 1
  10. jego

jego

Ratings:
    +404
    Yes, definitely Oculus mode.

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +584
    Could be the USB polling bug, that causes hard, regular stutter. For me it was looking deceivingly as a bad framerate inside VR. While it wasn't about FPS performance. For possibly fixing it, check my post on the first page. At least for me installing this mod corrected the issue:

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...r-update-arrives-at-last.173836/#post-3051094

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. jego

jego

Ratings:
    +404
    Thanks I will give that a try.

13. Green-Promise

Green-Promise

Ratings:
    +4
    i see grass render when its very dense but rarely see anyone else complain about it. How is it for you guys? What im talking about is grass thats very far ahead.

14. karoliens

karoliens
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    Is it a problem with the game or my settings that the picture is overexposed when using VR? It is very bright during the daytime sunny stages or snow stages.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.