• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured DiRT 2.0 - New Wales Rally GB Video and Preview Images

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,010

Codemasters have revealed new preview images and video footage from the upcoming Wales Rally GB stages - heading to DiRT 2.0 tomorrow...

The next "new" location coming to Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 - Wales Rally GB is set to drop as additional content for the racing title tomorrow - bringing to the simulation the legendary muddy stages of one of the more popular rallies on the current WRC schedule.

DiRT 2.0 Wales 6.jpg

Mostly consisting of muddy stages through the forests of Wales, Wales Rally GB is a high speed and technical event, and was already a very popular set of stages in the original DiRT Rally title. For DR2.0, Wales returns but enhanced over the original content, with improved visuals and deformable stage terrain upgrading the quality levels found throughout the latest addition to the DiRT Rally game franchise.

Available from 16th July either as standalone content or part of the various deluxe packages, this should be one fun event!

DiRT 2.0 Wales 2.jpg DiRT 2.0 Wales 3.jpg DiRT 2.0 Wales 4.jpg DiRT 2.0 Wales 5.jpg

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For news and discussions regarding DiRT 2.0, head over to the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the discussion today.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit

Ratings:
    +28
    It would be nice to see the two “players” in motion sim rigs driving, as this is a “sim”, not a game. Maybe they would appreciate it more and you'd see more “interesting” driving lines.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ryann

Ryann

Ratings:
    +77
    I haven't tried it for some time, can anyone tell me, if they toned down the excessively bumpy stages (mainly Argentina and some stages in Australia)? Those were literally unplayable for me. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't think there's anything to tone down in the stages. It's a problem of their bad onboard camera view, which doesn't have head motion/bump compensation

Codemasters, a company that made racing games for 30 years but never took the time to play a single hardcore sim, to see how they work

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  5. erba72

erba72

Ratings:
    +84
    looking so good !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. clemencaman

clemencaman

Ratings:
    +63
    VR??

• Love x 4
    • Agree x 4
    • Haha x 2
    • Beer x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  7. nerdthewise

nerdthewise

Ratings:
    +11
    Instill can't play at all on my very high spec machine thanks to the continual micro studders. Really bummed too, was having a blast for the first month until this started.

8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,410
    As expected, Wales is absolutely amazing in DR2. Just spent about an hour wrestling the Lancia 037 through Welsh mud. An absolute blast. Anyone who is a fan of rallying should get it ASAP.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium

Ratings:
    +227
    Same here and this Lancia is just amazingly well done from how Walter Röhrl described it: it's perfect...

• Like Like x 5
    • Haha Haha x 1
  10. deadredeyes

deadredeyes

Ratings:
    +8
    Looking forward to racing in Wales again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +971
    ...ahhh, welcome back my old friend...your looking very good...have you had some lighting done, it suits you well...so prepare yourself for a good thrashing...errr, do I need to get a room:inlove::D. A fantastic looking update to Wales driving the Subaru with manual H-Pattern & Clutch on the sweetest of sweet 'Sweet Lamb'...superb:inlove::cool:
    1 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at WALES Sweet Lamb copy.jpg 2 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at WALES Sweet Lamb copy.jpg 3 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at WALES Sweet Lamb copy.jpg 4 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at WALES Sweet Lamb copy.jpg 5 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at WALES Sweet Lamb copy.jpg 6 DIRT RALLY 2 SUBARU at WALES Sweet Lamb copy.jpg

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +971
    ...Holy crap...LOL...talk about updated Rain Effects...thrashing Wales again in the absolutely bucketing down rain...and loving it
    1 DIRT RALLY 2 RAIN at WALES copy.jpg 2 DIRT RALLY 2 RAIN at WALES copy.jpg 3 DIRT RALLY 2 RAIN at WALES copy.jpg 4 DIRT RALLY 2 RAIN at WALES copy.jpg 5 DIRT RALLY 2 RAIN at WALES copy.jpg 6 DIRT RALLY 2 RAIN at WALES copy.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. deadredeyes

deadredeyes

Ratings:
    +8
    The word deluge comes to mind! Haha. I had a blast taking some turns tonight. It felt a lot more immersive than DR due to the graphics and handling of the vehicles and I found myself trying to take it easy, rather than trying my best impression of Colin McRae.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gaudin

Gaudin

Ratings:
    +95
    It's de-installed at the moment - no VR no play - I bought it, early...way too early...would love to drive Whales (won 14 out of 17 stages at the RD DirtRally 1 Championship) love the region and flow in the mud, but not in 2D - noooo way - hurry CM, summer is already on the decline!

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Premium

Ratings:
    +3,576
    I haven't got DR2 yet Martin, but I know you like your rallye sims. I am a big fan of DR1 so can you tell me if this is much much better? Are the external replays better, ie more TV style drive by cams etc?
    regards
    Andy
    But knowing you arrogance you will ignore this from me.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  16. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Premium

Ratings:
    +3,576
    These are Whales.:rolleyes:
    71-+8JEyYjL._SX425_.jpg

• Haha x 9
    • Agree x 2
    • Love x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  17. wedgewood

wedgewood

Ratings:
    +5
    A high spec machine should have no problems with stutters. Make sure you have threaded optimization turned off as it's known for causing stutters in games.

My machine is an I7 4770 with a GTX1070ti and I haven't had even the slightest hiccup with most graphics settings maxed out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gaudin

Gaudin

Ratings:
    +95
    There's some nice creatures - I'm not the only one to make this mistake in recent time hehe (there was a presidential tweet last week or so after he spent some time in england)

19. testdriver77

testdriver77

Ratings:
    +52
    Cool, time to jump into the rig :D
    Wales was one of my favourites!

Now we need Greece as soon as possible.;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. KittX

KittX

Ratings:
    +197
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.