DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: New Update Released - VR Support Heavily Featured

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Update 1.8.jpg

In the last 24 hours a new update for DiRT 2.0 has released - containing plenty of improvements and changes to the rapidly improving rally title.

Developed by Codemasters as a sequel to the 2015's popular DiRT Rally game, DiRT Rally 2.0 has been met with something of a mixed reaction from the sim racing community since it dropped back on February 26th - something the British development team have been at pains to address in recent months by way of a steady stream of post release updates for the title.

This month, build 1.8 has been deployed across the various platforms hosting the game, and with it comes a wide range of improvements and fixes - including a nice look at how VR is supported within the game.

DiRT 2.0 Update Notes:

VR:
  • Added option allowing players to choose whether to launch the game in 2D Mode or VR Mode.
  • Added support for separate graphics presets between 2D Mode and VR Mode.
  • Added support for “-novr” launch command.
  • Added ability to bind “Reset View” to a preferred button/key.
  • Resolved issue where game would crash if no VR headset was plugged in.
  • Improved readability of UI text in VR Mode.

Esports:
  • Added support for DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship Qualifiers.
Content:
  • New car: BMW M2 Competition
  • Added files for Greece Rally in preparation of DLC release on September 10.
  • Added files for the Seat Ibiza Kit Car in preparation of DLC release on September 24.
  • Added files for the Peugeot 306 Maxi in preparation of DLC release on September 24.
AI:
  • Adjusted performance of AI drivers across multiple routes and car classes, to provide a more balanced difficulty curve.
  • (Update, September 3): This applies game-wide, and not just to My Team as previously mentioned)
Clubs:
  • Resolved issue where tuning setups were being reset to default between Stages in Club Championships.
  • Resolved issue where damage was resetting between Stages in Club Championships.
  • Resolved issue where tyre punctures were automatically being repaired between Club Stages regardless of spare tyre availability.
  • Resolved issue where cars were automatically being cleaned after every Stage in Club Championships.
Rallycross:
  • Resolved issue where too many cars would spawn on the starting grid.
  • Resolved issue where AI drivers would skip Joker Laps if a player restarted a race or got disqualified.
  • Resolved issue where players could avoid taking a Penalty Joker lap after receiving a penalty.
Cars:
  • Resolved issue where rear left tyre of the Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2 was too narrow in comparison to rear right tyre.
Multiplayer:
  • Resolved issue where the host of a Humans Only Custom Event would fall through the game world.
  • Resolved issue where end of race countdown timer would not appear for players yet to complete a race.
  • Resolved issue where players could gain access to DLC cars ahead of official release date.
  • Resolved issue where players could not choose a DLC car if they were in a lobby with a host with Season Content access.
    (Note: If a Lobby Host owns Season content, all players in the Lobby are given permission to use that DLC content regardless of entitlement status.)
Locations:
  • DirtFish added to Freeplay.
  • New Zealand Rally – Corrected brightness setting for better visibility in darker areas.
  • Mettet, Belgium – Resolved issue where start lights were not working.
UI/UX:
  • Updated Freeplay main menu tab to include DirtFish.
  • Added World Championship tab to main menu.
  • Added Uruguayan flag as a selectable option for driver profiles.
Achievements/Trophies:
  • “Adaptable” – Further improvements after Version 1.7 to make Achievement trigger properly.
  • “Watch the Delta” – Adjusted triggers to assist users who weren’t able to unlock Achievement initially.
  • “Living the Dream” – Adjusted triggers to assist users who weren’t able to unlock Achievement initially.
Hardware:
  • Resolved issue where rev lights on Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base were displaying in the wrong direction.
Miscellaneous:
  • General stability improvements and minor bug fixes throughout title.
Additional comments on popular community issues:
  • We are currently investigating the possibility of supporting Oculus VR headsets natively, via Oculus SDK on Steam.
  • We are currently investigating the ways of supporting post-launch content from other platforms on Oculus, and do not have a release date to announce at this time.
  • The issues of audio cutting out mid-Stage are expected to be resolved in a future update.
  • The ability to spectate in Multiplayer Lobbies is in development and could potentially appear in Version 1.9.
  • The ability to use a “Dashboard” camera angle (similar to the one seen in DiRT Rally) is expected to be added in a future update, most likely Version 1.9.

DiRT 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Check the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, mods and community discussion about this excellent rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 197115

Is the FFB for direct drive still a bit rubbish?
FFB is subjective thing, for me it's good enough and very immersive and believable esp. combined with VR.
Loose surfaces are a bliss, tarmac while better than DR is a bit dull but still passable.

BTW, they support DD wheels MMMos, SC1 and SC2 out of the box now, no need to mess with cfg files.

Downloaded DR2 last night as want to see how well this looks / performs with the Valve Index and openVR rather than Revive.

Any VR set up tips to help me quickly get the best out of it? (My set up is 8700k / 2080ti)

Many thanks.

But there is a bug. My real life names are Robin Gerhard and on the sidewindow first comes my name as a driver and below that the co driver's name( in this case Mills), but in the replays it's the other way around. FWIW. I love the car!
Is it like that on both sides? While making skins I've noticed that sometimes the driver's name is on top on the driver's side and the co-driver's name is on the top on the passenger's side

Is it like that on both sides? While making skins I've noticed that sometimes the driver's name is on top on the driver's side and the co-driver's name is on the top on the passenger's side

Exactly. But on my DR 2.0 car it's always codriver on top.

In real life: When you're on the driver's side of the car you see the driver's name above the co driver's name. On the co driver's side you see the co driver's name above the driver's name.

I couldn't find other pics atm, but you see M. Alen above I. Kivimaki

Works-Martini-Racing-1985-Lancia-Delta-S4-Corsa-Group-B-4.jpg

And here I. Kivimake above M. Alen:

Works-Martini-Racing-1985-Lancia-Delta-S4-Corsa-Group-B-2.jpg

Cheers
Robin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back