DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Lancia Delta S4 & MG Metro 6R4 Rallycross Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0 New Content Drop .jpg

Two new historic rallycross cars have been made available for DiRT Rally 2.0.

Yes, historic rallycross cars. Now ladies and gentlemen, this should be fun...

With such a rich history of awesomeness to choose from, Codemasters have selected the rather wonderful Lancia Delta S4 Rallycross and MG Metro 6R4 Rallycross cars to form the latest new content drop for DiRT Rally 2.0 - adding two of arguably the top ten most beautiful dirty cars ever to grace a loose surface racing environment.

Coming in as part of the large DLC schedule within DiRT Rally 2.0, both cars are available either as part of the various season pass / deluxe edition packages, or available to purchase separately via the DiRT Rally 2.0 Steam store page.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Lancia Delta Rallycross .jpg

The Lancia Delta S4 was one of the most ferocious cars to compete in Group B rally. When Group B was disbanded in 1986, many of the Delta S4s that had been in competition were quickly repurposed for Rallycross. Drivers like Matti Alamäki, heavily modified the car, optimising it for the sprint format that is synonymous with Rallycross.
  • Max Power: 450 bhp
  • Max Weight: 890 kg
  • Engine: 1759 cc, 4 cylinders, Turbocharged and Supercharged
  • Gearbox: 5 Speed – Manual
  • Drivetrain: 4WD
DiRT Rally 2.0 Metro 6R4 Rallycross.jpg

Based on the MG Metro 6R4 mid-engined Group B rally car, the Rallycross version sported a number of upgrades and modifications. This car was a regular at Rallycross events around the world, and was especially popular amongst European Rallycross drivers in the late 1980s.
  • Max Power: 450 bhp
  • Max Weight: 1040 kg
  • Engine: 2991 cc, 6 cylinders, Naturally-Aspirated
  • Gearbox: 5 Speed – Manual
  • Drivetrain: 4WD

Next up on the DLC schedule? Germany RX on August 13th!

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For news and discussions regarding DiRT 2.0, head over to the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the discussion today.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I watched almost all EU Rallycross events back then, on TV: Alamäki, Arnesson, Gollop, Niitymäki etc and off course Mr Rallycross, Martin Schanche!

But AFAIK those cars had >600 HP and even the Metro in later seasons had turbos? Tiff Needell drove the NA version once, Gollop's car IIRC?

I think Delta S4 just isn't powerful enough in DR2 rallycross:)
But they're both pretty well rear end biased to start with which I like!

Cheers
Robin

Isn't that the car from Dirt 2? Wasted years literally in that car and title way back when I moved to this new country and I can't get internet connection. 2 years in fact. Now I realized I missed that title and that car.

But AFAIK those cars had >600 HP and even the Metro in later seasons had turbos? Tiff Needell drove the NA version once, Gollop's car IIRC?
Gollops Metro appeared in both the British and European RXCs and was rumoured at one point to have in excess of 750bhp using I believe the same configuration as the TWR Jaguar XK220s that had run a LeMans

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%