DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Greece Rally Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 - Greece 2.jpg

The stages of Greece are the latest piece of content to be made available in DiRT Rally 2.0.

Deployed to the simulation today as part of the substantial post release DLC package for DiRT 2.0, Rally Greece is the latest in a long list of returning favourites for Codemasters most recent rallying adventure.

One of the more popular venues that have featured in the franchise recently, the technical and often brutal stages of Greece return today, and as usual the event has been given the benefit of a substantial facelift to bring it up to the current DiRT 2.0 game standards.

The Greece Rally location is accessible through My Team, Custom Championships and Time Trial.

DiRT 2.0 - Greece 3.jpg

Although the new event has released on all platforms today, Codemasters have confirmed the Oculus store version of the title is still awaiting a date for the new content to hit - with more information expected to be revealed by the studio at a later date.

DiRT 2.0 - Greece.jpg

DiRT 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Check the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, mods and community discussion about this excellent rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Nice to have in DR2, but isn’t it a straight port from DR?
I ran a stage and I could swear it is exactly the same, only updated to DR2 standard.

Unfortunately that also means I can’t run it in VR with my Rift.

Still nice for sure, but not half as impressive. Although not a VR jihadi, it is still difficult to go back once you’ve experienced a game in VR. Never tried triple monitors though.

On the bright side, DR2 is still a sweet rally game.

The only reason I don't use DR2 is purely the ffb..When one of their team churps up and says it's being worked on and will be released in the next week, and then a few days later gets gagged and booted..:confused:
Are you having some wheel-specific issues? Because the FFB is absolutely great on my T300 since they updated it a few months back (not that it wasn't quite good even before that). Much better than the original DR. I would go as far as to recommend DR2 to someone exactly for how great the FFB is.

The only thing I would tweak on the FFB if I could would be to separate road surface from the rest of the suspension forces, so the suspension could be bumped up a bit more without increasing the road feel.

Are you having some wheel-specific issues? Because the FFB is absolutely great on my T300 since they updated it a few months back (not that it wasn't quite good even before that). Much better than the original DR. I would go as far as to recommend DR2 to someone exactly for how great the FFB is.

The only thing I would tweak on the FFB if I could would be to separate road surface from the rest of the suspension forces, so the suspension could be bumped up a bit more without increasing the road feel.

I tested DR2 on a T300 at a friend his system as I don't have the game myself. Comparing the same stages between DR1 and DR2 (which is as we all know remarkably easy to do) and I concluded that the steering feels right but the FFB is way off. It doesn't feel natural and it doesn't communicate what happens.

• Deleted member 197115

FFB just as good or better than DR, tarmac is finally driveable although still the weakest point. It was broken on release if that's when you were testing it, but improved significantly after patching.
Physics is a huge improvement over original though.

I tested DR2 on a T300 at a friend his system as I don't have the game myself. Comparing the same stages between DR1 and DR2 (which is as we all know remarkably easy to do) and I concluded that the steering feels right but the FFB is way off. It doesn't feel natural and it doesn't communicate what happens.
I also think FFB in DR2 is much better than in DR. At least with my simucube and large mige.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%