DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Greece Rally Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 - Greece 2.jpg

The stages of Greece are the latest piece of content to be made available in DiRT Rally 2.0.

Deployed to the simulation today as part of the substantial post release DLC package for DiRT 2.0, Rally Greece is the latest in a long list of returning favourites for Codemasters most recent rallying adventure.

One of the more popular venues that have featured in the franchise recently, the technical and often brutal stages of Greece return today, and as usual the event has been given the benefit of a substantial facelift to bring it up to the current DiRT 2.0 game standards.

The Greece Rally location is accessible through My Team, Custom Championships and Time Trial.

DiRT 2.0 - Greece 3.jpg

Although the new event has released on all platforms today, Codemasters have confirmed the Oculus store version of the title is still awaiting a date for the new content to hit - with more information expected to be revealed by the studio at a later date.

DiRT 2.0 - Greece.jpg

DiRT 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Check the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, mods and community discussion about this excellent rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I'll just point out that not using damper in DR2 will result in losing the friction forces, especially the tyre friction, which are kinda crucial to getting a feel for grip in this game.

• Deleted member 197115

Isn't that very traditional DD setup? Slightly higher damping (DD's needs fair amount of damping) and limited max force are the only "strange things in it. Just enough overall filtering to keep the motor quiet. Those "effect filtering" sliders does not have any effect so not sure what you mean. Those are only active if the said effect is selected as a "User effect". Therefore the only slider that is active is the damper one and that's set to "Off" anyway.

Ingame it's as "pure" as it gets.

What goes to DOR, almost every car in DR2 uses more than a 540 degrees. Only some of the WRC cars, rallycross cars and R5's use such quick steering rack. It would feel weird to just bypass such a big part of the car characteristics.

Don't remember my TBW setting but it's rather high but definitely not "unlimited".

Those are smoothing filters on DirectInput effects, including for effects coming directly from game (like Friction in case of DR), not only User defined.
I haven't seen anyone using these particular setup on DD with DR1 and DR2, but if it works for you, that's all that matter.
How do you get 1:1 mapping with virtual steering wheel at 1080? I remember using 1080 on flat screen, but in VR mismatching hands/virtual wheel movements were very offsetting.

• Deleted member 197115

It doesn't act as an overall gain slider, that's just a fact and I really don't care who agrees with it or who does not :p
If posted earlier quote from CM own document did not convince you.
https://www.gameskinny.com/7q9df/dirt-4-guide-tips-for-optimizing-wheel-settings-and-force-feedback
Self Aligning Torque: The overall strength of the steering forces.
CM used very misleading name for this control, this is it.
Academic definition of SAT
Self Aligning Torque is a tyre generated force, its the force generated as a tyre turns (and creates slip) as the rubber attempts to 'get back' to its original position. Effectively torque is generated as the rubber resists being twisted as slip is generated, which is felt as resistance to steering input.

And from CM
SELF-ALIGNING TORQUE
This scales the torque created by the tyre and suspension geometry.

Yes, technically it is not overall gain as it controls constant force only, second slider from the top
T500RS_gain.jpg

But as most of the feedback is simulated by this effect, spare friction (wheel weight) and periodic for rumbling on cattle grid, you can effectively control overall strength of the feedback.
At least it works for me this way, same as it was the case with DR original and D4.

But you all are right, of course, technically it is no overall gain, but can be pretty much used to the same effect.

But how it actually works is that SAT = Self-Aligning Torque.

It is very easy to test with a method I described earlier. If it would work as a multiplier of the steering rack forces, both ways should result in very similar self-aligning forces but it's no self-aligning at all vs springy feel we have here.. Or that's how it was with a Subie -01 WRC on snow with a default setup.

But how it actually works is that SAT = Self-Aligning Torque.

It is very easy to test with a method I described earlier. If it would work as a multiplier of the steering rack forces, both ways should result in very similar self-aligning forces but it's no self-aligning at all vs springy feel we have here.. Or that's how it was with a Subie -01 WRC on snow with a default setup.

Just leave everything at default (usually 100) levels and try the SAT at 0, 100 and 150. That will tell you immediately if it is an overall gain control versus an actual SAT control.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back