DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Greece Rally Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 - Greece 2.jpg

The stages of Greece are the latest piece of content to be made available in DiRT Rally 2.0.

Deployed to the simulation today as part of the substantial post release DLC package for DiRT 2.0, Rally Greece is the latest in a long list of returning favourites for Codemasters most recent rallying adventure.

One of the more popular venues that have featured in the franchise recently, the technical and often brutal stages of Greece return today, and as usual the event has been given the benefit of a substantial facelift to bring it up to the current DiRT 2.0 game standards.

The Greece Rally location is accessible through My Team, Custom Championships and Time Trial.

DiRT 2.0 - Greece 3.jpg

Although the new event has released on all platforms today, Codemasters have confirmed the Oculus store version of the title is still awaiting a date for the new content to hit - with more information expected to be revealed by the studio at a later date.

DiRT 2.0 - Greece.jpg

DiRT 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Check the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, mods and community discussion about this excellent rally game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

@Alex Hill No, you won't. The original Deluxe edition only gave you access to Season 1 and Season 2 of DLC content and was very clearly marketed as such. Greece is the second DLC of Season 3. So you either need to get it separately, or get the Deluxe edition upgrade for S3+4.

• Deleted member 197115

hold on , even though i brought the deluxe edition back in may but will not have Greece rally update?
As Martin said, your Deluxe is not deluxe enough, it's Super Deluxe now (no kidding)
They should have come with better naming to aggravate plain Deluxe owners less.
I personally don't mind, just got expansion pack, the content worth it.

What else does loose surfaces better?

DR2 is fun for rally and has improved but iracing & PC2 are the only two racing sims that I am aware of that model loose surface physics in there engine. Combined with dynamic track and dynamic tire models I prefer those two titles for loose surface driving.

Codemasters engine is more or less just altered grip levels on different surfaces.....unless something has changed of late that I am not aware of?

But play what you enjoy :)

Last edited:
I can definitely see all the people complaining about having to pay 3 euro for a DLC rally or car paying 15 for a single track or car in iRacing :D ;)
Besides, I don't think there's too many 10 km long rally stages in either iRacing and PC2.

(But you absolutely should play what you enjoy, no disagreement there.)

• Deleted member 197115

DR2 is fun for rally and has improved but iracing & PC2 are the only two racing sims that I am aware of that model loose surface physics in there engine. Combined with dynamic track and dynamic tire models I prefer those two titles for loose surface driving.

Codemasters engine is more or less just altered grip levels on different surfaces.....unless something has changed of late that I am not aware of?

But play what you enjoy :)
I have enjoyed my share of RallyX in PC2, iRacing introduced it after I cancelled my subscription, bet it's good there.
But we are comparing apples and oranges. Rally Cross, even AMS had some, but who else has full Rally stages?

Rallycross is by far better in iRacing and pCars 2 and only simcade at best in DR2. Certainly by purpose, since the grip is far higher in DR2 Rallycross compare to the Rally. Should be easy doing (real-life) WR-laps in DR2 Rallycross.

I'd love to drive Greece, but I'm playing the Oculus version, which I'm worried is never going to get the DLC. Complete silence from Codemasters about this, despite the fact that Oculus players are downloading the same patches as Steam users, which are so huge they clearly contain the files for the extra cars and tracks.

I love Greece in Dirt Rally 1. There are some stages which are full of hairpins where I can enjoy using my analogue handbrake. What a shame we will not be able to do the same in Dirt Rally 2!

Then you might be happy to hear that it does! :) (But I have a feeling you won't agree.)

The point I was making in extreme abbreviated form is that from what I have read, WRC 8 uses the same system as DR and most other console titles:

FFB and physics that are only partly based on modelled surfaces and vehicle physics. For instance, instead of the car's tire hitting a small depression in the surface and transferring forces to the suspension that then impacts the handling of the car which then in turn determines the FFB sent to the controller, we get a player piano-style ribbon of semi-canned forces as the FFB road surface that get combined with semi-canned car response physics and FFB. So, yes, there can be decent cornering and braking weight-shift response and FFB, but the whole ensemble is completely lacking when it comes to putting all the pieces together in the way a simulation of hard-surface track racing does. That's also why the asphalt parts of these rally sims always feels worse than the rest. It isn't actually worse at all, its just that we can much more easily detect the fakery due to comparisons with real life driving or racing sims that are attempting to actually simulate the tire and suspension interactivity with the road surface in real time.

Also, speaking of DR2 and Greece, Greece stages and the R5 cars are a match made in heaven. Just amazing.

@Marc Collins I don't feel like I'm getting "semi-canned forces" with DR2's FFB. (I do with WRC8, sadly, which is why its FFB is lacking, even if still an improvement over WRC7.) I also don't find anything lacking in DR2, let alone "completely lacking", and I also don't find the tarmac stages worse - I've never really understood these comments even about the original, let alone DR2. I absolutely feel like the tarmac handling in DR2 is up there with most circuit racing sims. So I also don't detect any "fakery". Again, I've never understood these comments much.

I guess I'm just not able to detect such nuance in the car handling, or it somehow happens the "fakery" happens to suit my expectations really well. DR/DR2 are certainly the sims I'm pretty consistently fastest in, after all. It's not like we're talking about Dirt 4 where the cars handle completely wrong and contrary to any expectations.

That's perfectly fine. How do you experience the DR1 FFB then?
Not bad, with very strong suspension forces compared to DR2, but also full of canned road noise just for the sake of the wheel rumbling, and not nearly as informative as DR2 can be. See above, I absolutely feel the DR2 FFB is up there with the rest of the sims and can't really go back to DR now that I've experienced DR2, I find its FFB kinda annoying now. Again, not bad overall, but DR2 is just so much better.

I love Greece in Dirt Rally 1. There are some stages which are full of hairpins where I can enjoy using my analogue handbrake. What a shame we will not be able to do the same in Dirt Rally 2!
The stage in Greece 'Kathodo Leontiou' is fantastic and has a lot of hairpins throughout the stage...not sure what you mean 'analogue handbrake' as I have a Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod with my 'Rubber Mod' (link below):inlove:and it works brilliantly, a must have (personal opinion) for Rally Games that support them...so I would only assume the Fanatec and Heusinkveld Handbrakes would work just as well:)
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/thrustmaster-tss-handbrake-rubber-mod.168695/
SIM RIG 2x TSS with SCREENSHOTS Dirt Rally crop.jpg

Last edited:
Also, speaking of DR2 and Greece, Greece stages and the R5 cars are a match made in heaven. Just amazing.

@Marc Collins I don't feel like I'm getting "semi-canned forces" with DR2's FFB. (I do with WRC8, sadly, which is why its FFB is lacking, even if still an improvement over WRC7.) I also don't find anything lacking in DR2, let alone "completely lacking", and I also don't find the tarmac stages worse - I've never really understood these comments even about the original, let alone DR2. I absolutely feel like the tarmac handling in DR2 is up there with most circuit racing sims. So I also don't detect any "fakery". Again, I've never understood these comments much.

I guess I'm just not able to detect such nuance in the car handling, or it somehow happens the "fakery" happens to suit my expectations really well. DR/DR2 are certainly the sims I'm pretty consistently fastest in, after all. It's not like we're talking about Dirt 4 where the cars handle completely wrong and contrary to any expectations.

This is interesting, including your successive reply confirming that DR2 is a huge step above DR. My description was mostly from my experience with DR. You can drive into a berm half a metre high at the edge of the road and feel nothing in DR. The FFB is so obviously canned it is a game-ruiner for me. And I really wanted to like it. You are clearly recommending DR 2 above WRC 8 for me though because the physics/FFB is better and it has real stages, which are really the only two things I care about.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back