F1 2012 Directory project

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello,

I plan to start working over the website project of mine. The idea is to provide all car setups in one place. Anybody will be able to add their own setups. From community - to the community. It will be easy to search trough the circuits as well as DRY/WET options. Rating system will be added as well to let people choose what they think is best. Please comment if you are interested in such a thing. Personally I'd find it easier than going over topics and ton of posts. I'm awaiting your suggestions and rating for this.

Cheers,
Michael

yes please!

would be helpful if they were organised better.
obviously i'm more interested in the fastest setups and ordered per car, per track per conditions, per gaming mode.

I think for each track, if you can have sub threads for cars and games modes etc you will get lots of hits. dependent on how ICT minded you are, an advanced search filter would be THE BEST FACILITY IMHO.

Look forward hopefully

would be helpful if they were organised better.
I am getting a bit tired to hear this every year to be honest.

Why not put some time in it yourself as community and make one thread with links to all the setups and cars and tracks. Every post can be linked to and you can summarize literally everything in one post.

Yes it requires some time and effort but its pretty much doable if somebody puts the time in it. However its much easier to lay back and wait until a moderator or administrator does it :)

Regulars remember we had a filter last year (thread prefixes) and according to our statistics nobody used it (thats right, even less than people racing cockpit view in GRID :D)

Why not put some time in it yourself as community and make one thread with links to all the setups and cars and tracks. Every post can be linked to and you can summarize literally everything in one post.

Yes it requires some time and effort but its pretty much doable if somebody puts the time in it. However its much easier to lay back and wait until a moderator or administrator does it :)

Regulars remember we had a filter last year (thread prefixes) and according to our statistics nobody used it (thats right, even less than people racing cockpit view in GRID :D)

I just wrote a long post and lost it with the click of a button so forgive me being brief.

My comment was not an insult but a response to an idea. I love RD and your statistics will probably tell you that in many ways!

However, just because it is a TRULY WONDERFUL WEBSITE..I'm sure you are always looking for ways to improve/develop it? It's only my opinion (perhaps?) that whilst the setup thread is welcomed, it could be better organised/maintained. Perhaps it needs a member to oversee it rather than more work for the admins.

Last year the thread was useful to me although people not posting "game mode" was sometimes an issue which made the time meaningless.
I was referring to a filter in which you click a tab and look for "sort by lap times" then sub search "sort by game mode" etc. this may not be possible but it would suit me.
Essentially a database of setups only rather than enquiring posts? (users name detailed). Again, this may just only be me but I was responding to the original question.

If people aren't interested in further organisation then I'm not understanding the rational. Why would people choose to spend longer looking for something useful (i.e. a setup) when many of us have working lives to lead?

In a sense, i think the issues are:
Q. Has the OP got a good idea? For me (only my opinion) "Yes".
Q. Is the OP willing to spend time creating something? Seemingly
Q. Would it effect/offend RD + owner if setups were posted elsewhere? Probably.

Possible solution:If and only if enough people are interested then the OP might want to discuss moderating/ taking responsibility for the re-organisation of a setup thread on here. If not then this has been one big waste of time:roflmao: Then again, this is not for me to negotiate or decide as I personally have higher priorities to spend my time on.

So just to clarify Bram, it's your site so you make the rules and I respect those and enjoy the site. Don't take offence please just because think one tiny aspect could be better.

THanks for your hard work.:thumbsup:

I didn't take offense. I just know how we have done things in the past like you suggested and it didn't work either. Threads might be old fashioned but they are popular and obviously do the job fine.

Making a database is not the hard part really. Creating the content (setups) is and I am sure the OP is not going to make his own settings to share :)

Like I said every year its the same story and in the end all those ambitious projects never come to live.

Perhaps it needs a member to oversee it rather than more work for the admins.

I can give you the proper moderation rights to maintain the threads and summarize them in a sticky with all the links? Just let me know and we'll sort it for you.

Also applies to others that volunteer, just drop me a pm :) We love the help.

Thanks. At the minute I'm very busy at work and I like to fill my spare minutes with typing about f1 and playing the game lol Selfish I suppose but saying as HE ^ made the suggestion, I'll let him take on the work for now :thumbsup:;)

Hello, Bram could I maybe suggest instead of keeping all of the tracks in one thread why not make sub threads for every track and in those sub threads make wet and dry sub threads. That way it's a little more organised. Just a suggestion

With subthreads I think you mean subforums?

That means we have to add 20+ more subforums to our already gigantic forum database which is impossible to moderate left alone to browse :)

Much easier is that one or two persons build one simple post and create an overview of the available setups. The solution is so easy but nobody wants to take the responsibility for it :)

Just wanted to inform that project development has been started. Database coding is already done. I am studying in real so sometimes I have lack of time. Will do my best to finish the project. I will post the progress and/or screens when ready to show more.

Hello,

I promissed to show some more when I'm ready. Here is small snippet of main page. I hope this will clear out I'm serious with project and "all those ambitious projects never come to live." will be broken by me. Any questions regarding website? Shoot. I estimate current progress of project as 40% done.

previewyt.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years