Directdrive wheel comparison simracing garage

Brillant review.

If I understand corretly, the osw is different from the other ones as this is not really something that can be ordered. It is a DIY project and final feeling may different depending on our skills in selecting components and performing the assembly.

Upvote 0
Brillant review.

If I understand corretly, the osw is different from the other ones as this is not really something that can be ordered. It is a DIY project and final feeling may different depending on our skills in selecting components and performing the assembly.

Yea, its open source but there's a long tutorial on how to assemble and set it up on the iRacing forum and I'm sure its posted other places on the internet too. Its probably not for everyone but sometimes projects start off like this until they get significant financial backing and develop a commercial product to make some money.

Upvote 0
This OSW-wheel seems really like the LaFerrari of wheels and did I miss the price tag of this hellboy? But I saw another sticker on the motor: 2.39 KW.
I don't know if it's the actual power consumption while driving it, but if it is (seems so, looking at this DC-Box), could become expensive too. Here in Germany I would pay 70 Cent an hour plus the other stuff. Nothing for tree hugger, but at least much cheaper than petrol:D

The Power Supply on the Accuforce shows 2.5 A with 230 V. This is just 0.575 KW of output. No BOP in this race I guess:whistling:

I ordered the Accuforce one day before watching this review and don't regret it after researching what skills it needs to build one of these OSW-wheel. They normally look more like handicraft in other videos without buttons on the wheel and certainly no display like that thing;)

I think in a year or so there will be pre-built cases with motherboards available and it's more like assembling a PC than building a house, but patience was never my strength:unsure:

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years