Direct Drive Wheel cockpit/stand sugestions

I'v been think about getting a driect drive system for myself since I'v had a pretty good amout of time trying them at a place I regular. However I'd need to know what kind of stands or cockpits could handle the torque that DD wheels offer.

The base I'd be looking for would be this 20nm system from Simtech https://www.simtechracing.co.uk/ as at 75% ffb strength it seems a good balance between ffb strength and chassis stability.

Any suggestions welcome. I have a VR headset so I wouldent need a moniter stand.

Why does everyone perpetuate the myth that the correct way to set up a DD wheel is to configure it to be so violent that it shakes apart your rig. I ran a OSW DD wheel on a Playseat F1 and Omega GT rig without problems.
The benefit of a DD wheel is not about piling on torque its about the detail of the FFB.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd highly recommend the Sim-Lab P1 for a variety of reasons. It will handle anything you throw at it and is compatible with just about anything out there, so if you can think it, you can do it.

I've got a NLRv3 mounted in mine. Below shows a review of the P1 Cockpit with a D-Box system and Leo Bodnar wheel base and high end pedals.

Upvote 0
I'd highly recommend the Sim-Lab P1 for a variety of reasons. It will handle anything you throw at it and is compatible with just about anything out there, so if you can think it, you can do it.

I've got a NLRv3 mounted in mine. Below shows a review of the P1 Cockpit with a D-Box system and Leo Bodnar wheel base and high end pedals.

Seems to be what I would need. I take it it only comes with the frame and not a seat or pedal holders?

Upvote 0
Seems to be what I would need. I take it it only comes with the frame and not a seat or pedal holders?

It's compatible with just about any types of pedals on the market. Barry of Sim Racing Garage reviews lots of different pedals so he is setup to account for that.

You can order a seat from Sim-Lab, and brackets and a slider if you wish. If you are in the EU it would probably make sense. In the US you might want to order the seat locally.

There are lots of options and accessories.
https://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/

My Fanatec CS 3.0 pedals bolted right up and I know Heusinkveld pedals bolt right up.

I've been having a fun time with my P1. A 8020 chassis makes a great erector set and allows you to go in any direction you want. Below it is set up to fly, but in 5 minutes all the flight gear can be removed, the driving pedals slide forward, the seat lowered then pop the steering wheel on and it's ready to drive! It's on retractable casters and is mobile too.

readytofly.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's compatible with just about any types of pedals on the market. Barry of Sim Racing Garage reviews lots of different pedals so he is setup to account for that.

You can order a seat from Sim-Lab, and brackets and a slider if you wish. If you are in the EU it would probably make sense. In the US you might want to order the seat locally.

There are lots of options and accessories.
https://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/

My Fanatec CS 3.0 pedals bolted right up and I know Heusinkveld pedals bolt right up.

Thats great to hear. Would it be compatible with v3 inverted pedals and Fanatec H-pattern? After that it seems to be all about ajusting the positon and hieght so it feels natural to use.

Upvote 0
Thats great to hear. Would it be compatible with v3 inverted pedals and Fanatec H-pattern? After that it seems to be all about ajusting the positon and hieght so it feels natural to use.

They have two separate brackets for the Fanatec H-Shifter. I ordered both. The thick one that allows rotation is GREAT! It is absolutely rock solid. This is the link.

https://sim-lab.eu/product/fanatec-clubsport-shifter-side-mount-tilt-adjustment

The pedal mount has lots of adjustment. The 40x40 pieces in back can go into 5 different slots with a range of motion and there is an 80x40 in front with two slots. I'd be surprised if it didn't bolt right up.

Upvote 0
I put mine on retractable casters so I could wheel it out of the way when I'm not using it which makes it a lot more convenient for using VR for room scale. That and my wife required that it be mobile :)
The time I can't help you with.
riginstorage.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years