Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Good times, folks. Even though I was your designated backmarker both times, I had a good time, and a couple of good laps of defense in between the ones where I ran wide or spun. :p Sorry if I got in anybody's way too egregiously. I'm not really used to driving with other humans.

I'm curious where I was losing two seconds a lap to some of you. What were people doing for setup?

I'm glad I made it just in time to quali, and then both races......they were fun!:D
Was gifted a podium finish in race 1, even after spinning at the chicane half way through the race by having a too heavy right foot!!
Race 2 had a little better setup which helped me be in the 'right place at the right time' when @Julian Dietz decided to rearrange the shape of his car, gifting me the lead!!:thumbsup:
.....'till next time!!.....

Good times, folks. Even though I was your designated backmarker both times, I had a good time, and a couple of good laps of defense in between the ones where I ran wide or spun. :p Sorry if I got in anybody's way too egregiously. I'm not really used to driving with other humans.

I'm curious where I was losing two seconds a lap to some of you. What were people doing for setup?
Personally I was using hardly any wing as this track is more about 'mechanical grip' (IMO).
This track does penalise 'over driving'. ........meaning the saying 'slow in, fast out' .......is definitely associated with this track!!;)

Managed to get a solid finish in race 2, so I'm happy. Only made one error in race two and Vanport is such a tricky little circuit I'm happy with that :thumbsup:

For some reason Vanport suited me, I was fast in the Clio's as well.

Thanks for letting me race with you guys and hope @Nox feels better soon.

(Thought we were all going to be stuck in a testing timewarp earlier...)

This track does penalise 'over driving'. ........meaning the saying 'slow in, fast out' .......is definitely associated with this track!!;)

Yeah, I was getting to grips (pun not intentional, I swear) with that, in between the races and during the second race, particularly in the first chicane and the last right-hander before the back straight. Thanks for the tip—every time I ran wide (including when you lapped me toward the end of the second race), I was kicking myself: "Don't be afraid to slow down!" :p

Thanks for the fun as always, gentlemen - and for so many of you crashing so I could have some nominally decent finishes! (6th and 5th). I did achieve my goal of surviving without crashing, so I'm happy.

Race 2 was better for me... in between races I decided to turn TC off, and that was a revelation - I gained 1s in qualifying simply because of that (still 2s off the pole, but better than 3s!). After a cautious start I was quite well placed for an interesting race... and then I obviously dozed off and missed the braking point at turn 4. I did have fun catching up to @Fishbreath and overtaking him on a rather daring move (for my over-cautious standards!) on the fast chicane, but after that the race was nice and quiet.

Great stuff, thanks, as always, to @Nox for setting up these :)

@Nox : sign me up, please! It's my birthday on the 27th so everyone will let me win, right? Right? Riiiiight?

edit: a question, though, since I've never done an online race with the BP mod. In my Blancpain install there are two series, one called "Blancpain Endurance" and another called "Dino's Blancpain". Can I use cars from either (the Ford GT is only in the Dino one, for instance)?

Last edited:
@Nox : sign me up, please! It's my birthday on the 27th so everyone will let me win, right? Right? Riiiiight?

edit: a question, though, since I've never done an online race with the BP mod. In my Blancpain install there are two series, one called "Blancpain Endurance" and another called "Dino's Blancpain". Can I use cars from either (the Ford GT is only in the Dino one, for instance)?
Yes, you can use both :thumbsup: it does list the available cars in the first thread :whistling:

Um.. I have been sim racing for something like 2 years, and I am always 2 seconds off pole :roflmao: It's all about the fun though, not the winning :) and having a great time with friends on TeamSpeak. I've met some great guys through the racing club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%