Dilemma: Which do I keep?

I've ended up with a few options WRT Thrustmaster racing wheels and wondered what people's thoughts are. I bought a broken TX hoping to fix it and couldn't. Then whilst looking for another TX to merge with the broken one, bought a T300 because it was a steal. Then whilst still looking for a way to repair the TX, bought another TX because that also was a great price. The long and short of it is I've ended up with the following:
  1. Broken TX base
  2. Working TX base
  3. Working T300 base
  4. Working 458 Italia rim
  5. Working 458 GTE Challenge Edition rim
  6. Working Xbox Leather Edition rim
  7. Working TX 2 pedal set
  8. Working T300 2 pedal set
Now my dilemma is, what do I keep and what do I sell?! The physical condition of everything is excellent, with only the broken TX base being mechanically unsound (fails to cal - see my other thread if you're interested). The plan is to sell what I can and maximize the return to go toward some Clubsport pedals whilst leaving me with at least a working base and rim.

Despite the GTE and Leather Edition rim probably worth more, I can't stand the Italia rim after using the other two so that has to go! Between the GTE and the Leather Edition, I slightly prefer the Leather Edition but not enough in it to favour one over the other if the pay off is higher. It's also worth mentioning that I've got the box for a 458 Italia/2 pedal set so maybe will add a small amount of value there.

I see my options as:
  1. Sell TX + 458 Italia + TX 2 pedal set boxed together / sell GTE rim / sell broken TX base / keep T300 + Leather Edition rim (I'm on PC so button agnostic) + T300 2 pedal set
  2. Sell TX + 458 Italia + TX 2 pedal set boxed together / sell Leather Edition rim (alienates potential buyers from PS4 crowd) / sell broken TX base / keep T300 + GTE rim + T300 2 pedal set
  3. Sell T300 + GTE rim + T300 2 pedal set together unboxed / sell 458 Italia rim (don't go for much) / sell broken TX base (or keep for spares) / keep TX + Leather Edition rim + TX 2 pedal set
For me, option 3 would be best if money for new pedals wasn't needed, option 2 has potential for most money and option 1 seems like the best balance. Conversely, option 3 might be even more profitable in the long run if I keep the broken base and continue to look for a TX with a broken PSU or something.

There may be other combinations that I've not thought of. I appreciate I'm probably over thinking this :O_o: - what would you do?

Last edited:
Where are you based? For that setup you can probably get around £200 difference between gte and leather rim is probably around £20 and I believe T300 bases have better value (1080o rotation!!!!) So if 20 odd pounds is the same to you, option 3 is the one I would go to. You can probably buy a set of CSL pedals with loadcell for what you will get.

Upvote 0
Where are you based? For that setup you can probably get around £200 difference between gte and leather rim is probably around £20 and I believe T300 bases have better value (1080o rotation!!!!) So if 20 odd pounds is the same to you, option 3 is the one I would go to. You can probably buy a set of CSL pedals with loadcell for what you will get.

I'm UK. I was thinking T300 would go for slightly more too, mostly because there's more people playing GT Sport than Forza so there's more of a market. The 1080 degree rotation is a boon too and would probably swing it between the T300 and TX for PC users. For me, it makes no odds to me as racing in VR I tend not to use cars that need more rotation than I can successfully achieve without letting go of the wheel otherwise I just get all crossed up and have to park it and get my bearings!

The only problem with option 3 is I'm lumbered with the Italia wheel, might get £20 for it but if I was in the market for a second hand rim - it wouldn't be one of those! Could always be a useful back up however, and if I ever upgrade the base within the TM line, I could carry the Leather Edition rim with me and still flog the TX with pedals and Italia rim boxed to offset the upgrade cost...

Certainly got some food for thought, thanks for your input :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
What do you think a reasonable price for the GTE rim is? There's a right mish mash of prices right now on ebay; new open box £70 free P&P, brand new £65 free P&P, used £69 + £9.50 postage, then there's ones from authorised retailers selling over £100. I would have said £50 for a used one is fair, and probably £150 for the T300, Italia and pedals.

Upvote 0
What do you think a reasonable price for the GTE rim is? There's a right mish mash of prices right now on ebay; new open box £70 free P&P, brand new £65 free P&P, used £69 + £9.50 postage, then there's ones from authorised retailers selling over £100. I would have said £50 for a used one is fair, and probably £150 for the T300, Italia and pedals.
Start an auction at 30 or so. You can probably sell it close to 70 that is the price they are going around I believe.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing