F1 2012 Difficulty Levels Contrasts

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I really don't understand the contrasts between difficulty levels on F1 2012. I set it to 'pro' and I'm qualifying 18th. Put it back down to 'intermediate' and I'm qualifying on pole. In Australia I was losing 2 seconds in the sector 2 every lap. In Malaysia on Pro level I'm 2 seconds off pole but on Inter level I'm a second ahead of everyone. I'm driving a Toro Rosso!

Its kinda ruining the game already for me, it was like this in F1 2010. F1 2011 seemed to have more of a balance between AI levels.

That is because of one of the patches.

There was quite a few complaints about the gap between Pro and Legend, with Pro not being hard enough and Legend too hard.

So they tweaked Pro up in a patch. This now leaves a huge gap between Intermediate and Pro ....

I really don't understand the contrasts between difficulty levels on F1 2012. I set it to 'pro' and I'm qualifying 18th. Put it back down to 'intermediate' and I'm qualifying on pole. In Australia I was losing 2 seconds in the sector 2 every lap. In Malaysia on Pro level I'm 2 seconds off pole but on Inter level I'm a second ahead of everyone. I'm driving a Toro Rosso!

Its kinda ruining the game already for me, it was like this in F1 2010. F1 2011 seemed to have more of a balance between AI levels.

I am in the same boat. I wish inters was a little faster.

What team are you driving for? Remember, in real life Caterham/Marussia/HRT are around these positions. So if you drive for one of them - you should be OK with 18th. But if you drive for Williams or something like that - you have 2 options.

1) Just drive a season pushing like hell and get better for the next one.
2) Use Ryder's database editor to make Int difficulty harder. :)

What team are you driving for? Remember, in real life Caterham/Marussia/HRT are around these positions. So if you drive for one of them - you should be OK with 18th. But if you drive for Williams or something like that - you have 2 options.

1) Just drive a season pushing like hell and get better for the next one.
2) Use Ryder's database editor to make Int difficulty harder. :)

On career with Toro Rosso. Same happened when I tried with Force India. I'm on Xbox so I'm guessing I can't use the database editor?

Oh I don't know ...... this is my console modding tool ;) :sneaky:

Claw-Hammer.jpg

Honestly confused as to why they don't just get an extra difficulty, I was in the Pro/Legend issue originally, fixed it for me more, but now ruined it for others.

Although at the start of a season, I find I'm much weaker until upgrades which seemed weird, team mate constantly out qualifying me, then after 2 upgrades I was destroying him and the rest of the field (this was on the old Professional.)

Honestly confused as to why they don't just get an extra difficulty, I was in the Pro/Legend issue originally, fixed it for me more, but now ruined it for others.

Although at the start of a season, I find I'm much weaker until upgrades which seemed weird, team mate constantly out qualifying me, then after 2 upgrades I was destroying him and the rest of the field (this was on the old Professional.)

Maybe you're just good at these tracks? :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years