MGP18 Difficulty in career mode

I have a strange phenomenon on the MotoGP 18 career mode.

In my Rookie Cup season I drove at 105% and I constantly finished in the top 10, even won a race and finished 6th in the championship.

I signed for the Marinelli Snipers Team for my first Moto3 season and now without changing the difficulty I am almost four seconds off the pace at free practice in Qatar.

Surely such an immense step in difficulty must be a bug, right? Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

So it is not the switch to Moto3 that is giving me the trouble but rather the tracks are all imbalanced in difficulty? Can this be fixed?
It's not a bug, it's just it takes some time to adjust for each track. So imagine doing that for all three classes for all the tracks and for each difficulty..
Milestone simply decided not to do that

Can you get faster than 150 mph on Mugello straight with Moto2?
I've also signed for Marinelli Snipers but even setting up for 154mph I cannot get past 150.
Just wondering if there are a few track parameter issues etc, because I am awesome then rubbish next race.

Can you get faster than 150 mph on Mugello straight with Moto2?
I've also signed for Marinelli Snipers but even setting up for 154mph I cannot get past 150.
Just wondering if there are a few track parameter issues etc, because I am awesome then rubbish next race.
I think it's not issue, maybe you just didn't the last corner 100% . CMIIW

...while I did in previous mods.
hey dude, have you find the way to convert uasset(like physic, or bike/rider performance) data to be edittable ? just hopping someone here can find the solution to edit them. i have extracted them, but dont know what to do next, because no edittble value on physic data when i open them with bml edittor (still in uasset format)

I've found the difficulty goes up and down depending on track and session. For me, FP1 is always the fastest times anyone sets, even compared to Qualifying. It's difficult to set the difficulty level at a reasonable place for a few reasons:

1. AI set the fastest laps during FP1. These times will indicate their true fastest laps during the race.

2. Qualifying times are often slower than FP1. You need to set the difficulty to what the FP1 times are, especially in Moto2 and MotoGP. This sucks because you will often get pole, only to have the AI run faster laps than their qualifying times.

3. If you set the difficulty level to the qualifying times, you will get smoked during the race by the AI.

4. All the above change track to track as well. Some races are easier to win, some the difficulty spikes unreasonably.

5. AI don't seem to crash. Also, running order at MotoGP level is consistently Dovi or Marquez in the top 2. Not realistic, but you never see Vinalez or Rossi or ANYONE for that matter leading other than 04 or 93.

Just some observations I've seen. I've worked up the career to MotoGP level and it's unbalanced. Not very fun when every race is down to Marquez or Dovi, very immersion-breaking.

I'm 58 hours in now, so I have a better idea than before and I totally agree with you.
I'm enjoying the game but it's a bit frustrating at times.
Also, are there no stats for the bikes at all? Is one better at braking another faster etc?

I'm 58 hours in now, so I have a better idea than before and I totally agree with you.
I'm enjoying the game but it's a bit frustrating at times.
Also, are there no stats for the bikes at all? Is one better at braking another faster etc?

I know, it's hard to tell. Am I making up Ducati straight-line speed, or is it really faster in-game than the other bikes (like it should be)? Also, including the different sets of tires is basically useless unless we have knowledge of tire temperatures. I just end up shutting off tire degradation because I feel like the AI isn't playing by the same rules. Especially sometimes in the rain.

The most annoying and flagrant of (unrealistic) difficulty spikes is at BRNO. Dovi and Marquez setting low 1m 52s times in FP1 and qualifying. Marquez's real qualifying time in 2017 was 1m 54.981s. Very annoying and breaks the immersion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back