Different handbrakes and DD1 vs DD2

Hello guys,

so I will upgrade my rig in the next few months (somewhere at the end of february/march 21) cause I will move somewhere else, where I have enough space.

Right now, I have a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition. Due to playing Dirt Rally and ACC, I want to get an handbrake + shifter first. Also, an alu rig from simlab evo GT1 is coming then.

For the shifter I have already settled on a SHH NEWT Shifter. But the handbrake is, where it gets confusing:

- General USB handbrakes on Amazon are available for 90€, but they are not reliably and tend to break down after a few months
- Thrustmaster TSS Sparco Mod - overpriced
- Fanatec Handbreak V1.5 - I know that the V1.0 was not very good, but I read not a lot about the V1.5 except that it is now good? (130€)
- Heusinkvield Handbrake - well, the best from the best, but they are also expensive with 230€

I would go with the fanatecs one, cause I have the feeling that the V1.5 are now good and reliable. And the Heusinkvield are a little bit too expensive for that I am only playing Dirt Rally 2.0 on occasion

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pedals:

I was thinking a lot, but I have pretty much settled on the Fanatec V3 + break performance kit. Maybe I will then wish me the damper kit from my girlfriend or from my parents, I would place the damper kit on the throttle and look how it feels. But I know that it is not necessary.

I looked on the Heusinkvield, but the 700€ price tag + 90€ for the plate is too much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last but not least, the wheel/base.

I am quite happy with my Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition, the wheel situation is only if I really have the feeling that I want it. But I will definitely buy all the other things first and will then decide, if I want to go direct-drive wheel.

At first, I wanted to go with the DD1 + 5 year warranty. Then, some people say that the kill switch is not mandatory, but you don't need it until you do - and then it's too late. DD1 + 5yearwarranty + Kill Switch cost only 80€ less than the DD2. Some say I should also look on the increased slew rate (rotation speed) and dynamic range between and that some thing that Fanatecs bins the electronics/motors for the DD2 --> which should benefit in the longetivity, which is kind of the most important thing to me. (besides cost)

For the wheel, I was thinking beetween Porsche 911 vs Formula V2, but then I read that Dirt rally with a F1 wheel is nearly impossible, so I will definitely go for the Porsche wheel.

Last edited:
for DR1 the analog handbrake really works, but it's a game abandoned for over 2 years.
I remain on the advice of spending little, even a used Fanatec will be very good, I have had one for 5 years and I have never had any problems
[/QUOTE]
On dirt Rally i already have 100hours+, got Dirt Rally 2.0 a few months ago but I don't know, I kinda like the kind of progress reward in Dirt Rally 1 more. Now I wanted to get a handbrake, cause the people say it is such better in feeling/immersion.

Upvote 0
Yes, I agree with you, DR1 is also much better for me than DR 2.0 in many respects not only for the handbrake.
In my opinion an HB Fanatec is great for having fun. With the money you save, you buy a rally wheel or upgrade your pedal set

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, I agree with you, DR1 is also much better for me than DR 2.0 in many respects not only for the handbrake.
In my opinion an HB Fanatec is great for having fun. With the money you save, you buy a rally wheel or upgrade your pedal set

Ok thank you. Then I will probably get witch the Fanatec or another cheap one, cause I like playing DR, but it is not my main game. Just my "twice in the week to have a little bit fun", but ACC is my main racing game. 240€ just for 1 game once in a while...don't know. It is hrad to justify for me but I will see if I want to spent the extra 110€ or not.

It is not like that I didn't believe the others with the heusinkvield ones, but 240€ vs 130€ is a lot. And when upgrading all the others thing, I don't know If I really want to spend that much on a handbrake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back