F1 2010 Difference between Practice/Quali and race

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello, im driving in my second year of my career. I wen from Lotus to Renault.
I have custom difficulty, both sims on, no assists and ai on professional.
I also have a mod installed for more realistic ai. I use the [RDDev] TrueAI Mod 1.4 mod.

But my problem is that on most tracks i drive to pole quiette easily, but in the race i cant keep up at all. Does anybody know why there is so much difference between practice and race, and what i can do about that. I had the same problem before the mod. My idea is that the ai has no fuelload or something, since i have it the most at the beginning of the race. I do 100% race distances.

Greetz Chronicle

This old chestnut, ok let me explain.

AI is not really affected by Fuel Simulation in the race, so they will breeze past you in the early stages of a grand prix, even if you destroyed them in qualifying.

Tyre wear is similar, but its not as bad as fuel sim, turning this off will give you a bit more of an advantage as well.

As you progress through the race, against AI with fuel and tyre sim, you will begin to lose less time, after halfway through you should be at the same pace, near the end of the race you will be easily quicker than the rest of the field.

This is even more noticeable in Legend AI difficulty, or if you start a race in Wet conditions, you can destroy them, but when the track begins to dry out they will become so much quicker.

Also in Practice and Qualifying, Codemasters made a system where the times are just computer generated, they do not resemble the actual lap times of cars on the track, so even if a car is following you and seems to do a lap time exactly the same as you, when you look at the times you will see that AI car could be much slower than you, so do not take those lap times in qualifying and practice literally, it is just a rough estimate that codemasters coded into the game...

Its not you, this game is full of glitches, how Codemasters got a BAFTA for it... i have no idea, the game looks pretty, a lot of the game is pretty good, but stupid things like Fuel and Tyre Sim, Force India pit bug, the general pit bug, no pit lane exit rule, the fact that Intermediates are totally useless and so many other little things spoil the game, but yes this was the first f1 game they ever made, they also had a deadline to keep too, i am sure you would have found all this information out if you went on the Codemasters forums, or read some posts in this forum, these kind of questions i have been asked since the release last year.

"Also in Practice and Qualifying, Codemasters made a system where the times are just computer generated, they do not resemble the actual lap times of cars on the track, so even if a car is following you and seems to do a lap time exactly the same as you, when you look at the times you will see that AI car could be much slower than you, so do not take those lap times in qualifying and practice literally, it is just a rough estimate that codemasters coded into the game... "

Yes i noticed this too, I manage to pull out a couple of quick laps, and see that the virgin is still following me.Its a nice game, too bad there are a few unforgivable mistakes in the game. I hope 2011 is much better. Maybe its time for me to focus more on the online races Thnx for your reply, now i know its not between my ears XD.

But i wonder one more thing. I've seen some races from The Villian (lets play career mode youtube movies) but he doesnt seem to have to much trouble with it. Is he so much better than me? Or doesn't it effect shorter racedistances as much as full racedistance?

Greetz

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back