Difference between AMS 1 & 2

Obviously the graphics and features will be better in the newer version, but other than that the content pretty much looks exactly the same. so is eye candy the biggest difference with the newer version?
I like the old version and have an older PC, so what is the driving factor that would make me want to get a newer version ?

Well you will have to wait for the final release to see the difference, as AMS 2 has only just been released as a Alpha/Beta so its hard to compare at this stage , but Id say it will beat it hands down. Just be patience and wait and see.

Obviously the graphics and features will be better in the newer version, but other than that the content pretty much looks exactly the same. so is eye candy the biggest difference with the newer version?
I like the old version and have an older PC, so what is the driving factor that would make me want to get a newer version ?

There is some new content already in (Monaco and Jerez for example) and some on its way (90s DTM and GT3 & GT4 cars). The more advanced physics engine is one plus. The dyanmic weather is another. I also predict the DLC will be something special and obviously you need the base game for this. However, if you have a really old PC then this is irrlelevant if you can't run it/ My 3 year old entry level i5 with 8GB RAM and GTX960 runs it fine though.

Several things for some people
- VR which is very good already
- the lighting (day/ night which AMS1 has but it is more dynamic)
- the weather
- the tracks have been "tarted up". Like DR1 vs DR2.0

The tyre model is more advanced too, the ffb rate is higher too. That doesn't show up so far in the beta but that could potentially give even better physics in the long term. Certainly not for the v1.0 release at the end of March but more in the coming months.
Looking back at the previous game, AMS was a step up from their previous game, with more content, more eye-candy, refined physics and features. And in its 3 years lifespan AMS did improve a lot on all fronts! So we can expect the same for AMS2; Reiza is already claiming the will work at least 2 years on the title, and is starting to announce new fresh content, both free and as paid DLCs. It seems they still have a lot to come.

...And in its 3 years lifespan AMS did improve a lot on all fronts! ...

And in the last releases they have built in a lot of bugs. I'm curious if Reiza will really nurse AMS back to health after all the hype about AMS2.
I have my doubts.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years