Did you know? GTR2 supports 180hz+ FFB

Shovas

Premium
Improved Force Feedback Feeling in GTR2 Approaching AMS1/rF1 Feel

Due to GTR2's FFB loop being tied to the refresh rate, the sky is the limit when it comes to GTR2's FFB update rate... *mindblown*

Treat yourself:

1. Download crowdsourced per-wheel FFB settings from the SHO Competition FFB mod

2. Disable vsync from the GTR2Config.exe program. This unlocks your video refresh rate which also unlocks your ffb rate providing you a much more refined ffb signal. For Steam, you can find it via the Steam GTR2 Manage menu options.

3. Recommended: Allow GTR2 to use all your CPU cores. This will dramatically increase your FPS and more FPS will make the FFB feel better. Download the free Bill's Process Manager or nagware Process Lasso to set CPU Affinity (make it use all your CPU cores) and set it to use all physical cores.

Now enjoy a much improved FFB driving experience, approaching AMS1/rF1 FFB, with less FFB clipping and more road feel even in high force cornering

Disabling vsync is not the only improvement:

The crowdsourced per-wheel PLR FFB parameters in the SHO Competition FFB mod are still much improved over default values and you should definitely feel an improvement. In particular, the default FFB Steer Force Output Max value was soft-clipping in the in-game ffb calculations at the default 1.8 value. Now, with a tuned value, road forces come through in high ffb corners and it should feel much better.

Enjoy! :)

---

Updates:

Update 2023-05-22:
Previous version of this post referenced 2005 FiaGT Mod (RD Download Link), which is a great mod (one of my personal favourites), but it was tuned for an older version of these FFB params and may not have the best feel anymore. That said, it still feels good, but the newest FFB params are tuned against original content cars and tracks now. Kudos to the authors of 2005 FiaGT Mod, GTR233, JorritVD, and LeSunTzu, for working on the ffb and tire model that makes it so expressive.

Update 2022-05-19: I actually ran an experiment with low fps to confirm ffb refresh rate is tied to framerate. Details in this comment.

Update 2020-04-19: Released an update to the mod with AMS1-inspired FFB and crowdsourced wheel PLRs. Click here to download it. Thank you everyone who helped out!

Update 2020-03-15: I have produced another set of FFB params inspired by AMS1 FFB params that may feel better for non-DD users. Click here for the comment with the details. *Previous updates at bottom.

Update 2019-11-15*: I have settled on a universal set of PLR FFB params instead of having one per car-set. After having discovered a key issue with the "FFB steer force output max=1.8" default value I was able to find a universal fit for all cars/mods. I have included the UserData PLR FFB Params you need to change below. See bottom for params.

Update 2019-11-15: My latest universal UserData PLR FFB Params:

FFB steer force average weight="1.00000"
FFB steer force exponent="0.75149"
FFB steer force input max="11500.00000"
FFB steer force output max="0.95000"
FFB steer force grip weight="0.17362"
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000"
FFB steer update thresh="0.00000"
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.04597"
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000"
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.04597"
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000"

Update 2019-07-03: EDIT: Added RD Download Link for 2005 FiaGT Mod. Check out Secrets of GTR2 Custom FFB Files for the latest FFB-tuned PLR files for stock cars and various other car sets. These FFB improvements are for any mod or car, not just the 2005 FiaGT Mod (that's just the first one that turned out really well).

Last edited:
Hi!

Here are my settings. It's based on your beta 3 settings, but with heavier steering and some vibration, 'cause, as I said, it felt weird seeing the cockpit shaking through the bumps and the wheel was still. The values may be a bit exaggerated, but they feel okay to me. I probably just need a better setup on catching the car when it starts to slide, but don't know wether if it is a setup of the car thing (I generally used maximum steering lock and caster), or the settings of the wheel.

I use a Logitech Driving Force GT.

Cheers

Attachments

• FFB_Settings.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 140
Update 2020-04-19: Released an update to the mod with AMS1-inspired FFB and crowdsourced wheel PLRs. Click here to download it. Thank you everyone who helped out!

Improved Force Feedback Feeling in GTR2 Approaching AMS1/rF1 Feel

Due to GTR2's FFB loop being tied to the refresh rate, the sky is the limit when it comes to GTR2's FFB update rate...

*mindblown*

Treat yourself:

1. Click here to use the PLRs attached to this comment in your own UserData PLR file (instructions on what to copy&paste in the comment). Backup your PLR first!

2. Disable vsync to unlock your video refresh rate which also unlocks your ffb rate providing you a much more refined ffb signal. You can disable vsync in the GTR2 Video Options app (the GTR2Config.exe application). You should be able to find it via the Steam GTR2 Manage menu options.

3. Recommended but optional: Download the free Bill's Process Manager or nagware Process Lasso to set CPU Affinity (make it use all your CPU cores) and set it to use all physical cores. This will give you dramatically more FPS and more FPS will make the FFB feel better.

4. Enjoy a much improved FFB driving experience, approaching AMS1/rF1 FFB, with less FFB clipping and more road feel even in high force cornering

Previous version of this post referenced 2005 FiaGT Mod (RD Download Link), which is a great mod (one of my personal favourites), but it was tuned for an older version of these FFB params and may not have the best feel anymore. That said, it still feels good, but the newest FFB params are tuned against original content cars and tracks now. Kudos to the authors of 2005 FiaGT Mod, GTR233, JorritVD, and LeSunTzu, for working on the ffb and tire model that makes it so expressive.

Disabling vsync is not the only improvement:

The PLR FFB param changes are still much improved over default values and you should definitely feel an improvement. In particular, the default FFB Steer Force Output Max value was soft-clipping in the in-game ffb calculations at the default 1.8 value. Now, with a tuned value, road forces come through in high ffb corners and it should feel much better.

Enjoy! :)

---

Updates:

Update 2020-03-15:
I have produced another set of FFB params inspired by AMS1 FFB params that may feel better for non-DD users. Click here for the comment with the details. *Previous updates at bottom.

Update 2019-11-15*: I have settled on a universal set of PLR FFB params instead of having one per car-set. After having discovered a key issue with the "FFB steer force output max=1.8" default value I was able to find a universal fit for all cars/mods. I have included the UserData PLR FFB Params you need to change below. See bottom for params.

Update 2019-11-15: My latest universal UserData PLR FFB Params:

FFB steer force average weight="1.00000"
FFB steer force exponent="0.75149"
FFB steer force input max="11500.00000"
FFB steer force output max="0.95000"
FFB steer force grip weight="0.17362"
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000"
FFB steer update thresh="0.00000"
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.04597"
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000"
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.04597"
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000"

Update 2019-07-03: EDIT: Added RD Download Link for 2005 FiaGT Mod. Check out Secrets of GTR2 Custom FFB Files for the latest FFB-tuned PLR files for stock cars and various other car sets. These FFB improvements are for any mod or car, not just the 2005 FiaGT Mod (that's just the first one that turned out really well).

Added an update about release v5 of the FFB mod with AMS1-inspired FFB and wheel-specific PLRs! Thanks everybody who helped!

O. K. Shovas here my FFB-Settings for ISI-Engine1 -
GTR2 -
GTL - GTR2 and Stockcars or Racingcars with less Downforce
P & G 3 Installation

With best Greetings mike

Attachments

• 2020 FFB-Settings to Shovas.txt
    66.6 KB · Views: 145
Just recently I came upon to little programs for wheel calibrations.
Wheel Check & LUT.
Apparantly i-Racing is using it, as well as AC .
Great diagnostic & adjustment tool.
Have G 27 with Shifter works better now, lesds deadzone,
sharper and smoother.
Bon Chance,
Ivan

I just ran an experiment to confirm GTR2's FFB actually is tied to framerate after a question from Iron Wolf. Previously, I had just been assuming everyone was right when they said ffb is tied to framerate.

And the experiment confirms ffb definitely is tied to framerate. It's very obvious.

The experience at 20fps (lowest nvidia control panel will allow) was very grainy, clunky, and notchy as compared to 60fps+.

But it's amusing how playable 20fps actually is. FFB, even while grainy, gives you enough information to put in decent lap times.

As for the framerate, it feels like my first experience with Test Drive 3 on MS-DOS, meaning a slideshow, but even then it's actually very drivable.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back