F1 2011 Did this game break my DFGT wheel?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
don't try the force feedback settings on 100% like you used to have them in 2010.

did one lap of this and the force feedback was so violent that there is now a popping / clicking sensation in the wheel at two points in the rotation. hopefully logitech's two year manufacturers warranty will cover it.

the force feedback on the kerbs in particular feels way too violent even on low environmental settings.

The wheel shouldnt allow so much FFB that it brakes the wheel, then its logitech fault and the motors are too strong for the components that are braking.

There is also common sense, feeling the wheel is stiff as hell should be a good indication that the ffb settings are wrong and that you should stop playing.

When it comes to buying stuff like this its always better to buy it in good store that you know will cover the warranty and wont just send it away to get it fixed. Buying online maybe be cheaper but it sucks when it stops working.

I hope Logitech give you a new one but I have a feeling if they do its going to take a long time and cost a lot in postage.

Good luck

Logitech customer service is actually very good indeed - far better to deal with direct than have to go via a shop for repairs.
If its over 28days old, whether a shop offers you a new unit depends on the manufacturer policy NOT the shop anyway.

If the wheel is under warranty, Logitech will just replace it.

I've had my DFGT one day, bought it as it was good value and cannot justify paying £200 -also, you never know how long ANY wheel will last - I have seen some bad experiences of the G25 and G27 just as with any wheel, so I didn't want to risk £200.
I am over the moon with the way my DFGT handles in F1 2011. Got it set up quickly and have been brushing the walls nicely in Monaco. Have not tried 2010 with it yet. RFACTOR works great, the only one I'm having some problems with is Race 07 but am gradually getting the settings sorted. So far, would recommend the DFGT without hesitation.

Logitech customer service is actually very good indeed - far better to deal with direct than have to go via a shop for repairs.
If its over 28days old, whether a shop offers you a new unit depends on the manufacturer policy NOT the shop anyway.

If the wheel is under warranty, Logitech will just replace it.

It all depends on the shop and its relationship with logitech or if the shop is willing to take the hit. I had cordless drill with 5 years shop warranty and did the batteries in after 2 years, left it in and got 2 new batteries straight away. The product price is more but I know if anything happens I can just leave it back and get a new one. I usually get the shops card as well if I go there a lot and then you don't have to save the receipt as its all stored on their computers.

It all depends on the shop and its relationship with logitech or if the shop is willing to take the hit. I had cordless drill with 5 years shop warranty and did the batteries in after 2 years, left it in and got 2 new batteries straight away. The product price is more but I know if anything happens I can just leave it back and get a new one. I usually get the shops card as well if I go there a lot and then you don't have to save the receipt as its all stored on their computers.

Hmm cordless drill batteries weren't £200 the last I checked, but hey if you got a good shop, then great! I was mainly responding to the guy who said it would be painful to deal with Logitech, when in fact I've only ever heard of them giving exceptional customer service and even replacing items well out of their 2yr warranty.

I'm just going from the 6yrs I spent working for a rather large electrical store, and the replace or repair policy was dictated by the manufacturer not the store. Certainly in some circumstances of good will, we would take the hit, but it would be very misleading to advise people this is how shops in general conduct their business.

Hmm cordless drill batteries weren't £200 the last I checked, but hey if you got a good shop, then great! I was mainly responding to the guy who said it would be painful to deal with Logitech, when in fact I've only ever heard of them giving exceptional customer service and even replacing items well out of their 2yr warranty.

I'm just going from the 6yrs I spent working for a rather large electrical store, and the replace or repair policy was dictated by the manufacturer not the store. Certainly in some circumstances of good will, we would take the hit, but it would be very misleading to advise people this is how shops in general conduct their business.

I didn't say any shop, I said find a good shop, there are good ones out there.

I had an Iphone I left back 5 times to be repaired, I said to the sales guy in the shop I wanted a new one, he said he couldn't do it and told me to put it the microwave for 2 secs so it was unrepairable.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back