Did anyone try this 2 and 3 DOF DOFReality The first and only affordable Motion Simulator Platform?

Team from this site http://dofreality.com claim there products (2 and 3 DOF) "DOF Reality - The first and only affordable Motion Simulator Platform"
It looks solid and piced few times cheaper than any other competotor ($999 for 2 DOF and $1499 for 3 DOF).

Does anyone have experience with this company and there Motion Simulator Platforms ?
Pros / Cons?
xbanner01.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kHqDsd4eFo.jpg[

I have recently bought one of these kits and have had the chance to try it with a number of different games.

Assembly went well and only took a few hours. I found the included instructions to be very simple and straightforward, this made the assembly process very simple and easy.

I had the chance to test out the kit with Dirt 3, Dirt rally, iRacing, some of the Need For Speed games, and a few different flight Sims. I was actually very impressed with how strong the platform is and the strenght of the two motors it uses. I weigh about 230lbs and the sim had no problem throwing me around as I drove around within the various games. I'm currently using a Logitech G27 as my steering wheel, and the included wheel stand is very sturdy and has very little flex, even with a monitor attached to it.

Overall I was impressed with the kit, and would recommend it for anyone thinking of buying it.

Upvote 0
I think there is always a compromise and motion platform have to be as light as possible and balanced. At the price they ask and flexibility you get I think it is a killer.
Some people put different shakers to it without issues:
vrpilot.com-dynkitB1.jpg

Upvote 0
tried platform yesterday.
It is very strong and fast and sharp. In Dirt Rally you have limit it to not more than 30% of travel distance(bank angles) in order not to feel dizzy.

Upvote 0
I think there is always a compromise and motion platform have to be as light as possible and balanced. At the price they ask and flexibility you get I think it is a killer.
Some people put different shakers to it without issues:
vrpilot.com-dynkitB1.jpg

Yes 4 big LFE would not be light but no other unit is as good with sub 10Hz frequencies.

Nice installation, TST239 or TST429?
You should try those and your motion rig with this below. Ive just recently got into it myself but finding it very immersive for tactile, doing some things not possible with Simvibe.

It produces some excellent effects, my favourites though would be it's great usage of lateral acceleration, wheel slip and front/back acceleration/deceleration. Therefore meaning it should tie in with what your motion is doing. All that combined with VR could be rather sweet immersion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the Author of most of those comments is noorbeast.
Hes made himself king on xsimulator forum, his sim is based off a design from someone else whom he had booted because of discussions between them. Noorbeast can do no wrong. Hes FAQ linked everything, made a mess of a lot of stuff, claims to know it all, but really is an idiot, a very well spoken worded idiot. The right people that use to be on the xsimulator have been booted or left because of him.
Good luck with your planned research.

Upvote 0
The Fact the Owner learned all his skills on a DIY friendly site, then took all his ideas he "learned" from the other guys projects and took it commercial. Then Proceeded to use the Software in a manor it was never intended for initially, So in reality there's some questionable behavior going on here.

On the hardware side, its Arduino, So 1024 steps VS the 4096 steps a JRK is capable of.

Motor's are quality units, and overall its a Full frame which isn't what i would personally choose, but some prefer it. So your choice.

EDIT...motor's on the website are pictured as wiper motor's...not exactly ideal for full frame setups.

Overall there's nothing really wrong with the rig, your right its a Good price due to the fact its got cheaper controllers which have been known to have their own issues with failures. So I would do a little more research before pressing the "BUY" button.
Nick is right, but yes its a good platform for a start. Us DIY guys build for a bit cheaper but with much better control boards, not to mention what abuse we have put those control boards through, but they are not commercially sellable with a simulator. So arduino and MM it is, just find out the waranty if they go BOOM

Upvote 0
the Author of most of those comments is noorbeast.
Hes made himself king on xsimulator forum, his sim is based off a design from someone else whom he had booted because of discussions between them. Noorbeast can do no wrong. Hes FAQ linked everything, made a mess of a lot of stuff, claims to know it all, but really is an idiot, a very well spoken worded idiot. The right people that use to be on the xsimulator have been booted or left because of him.
Good luck with your planned research.

I've just started looking into motion sims and recently signed up there, that's interesting background info thanks David. There do seems to be a lot of interesting threads that just stopped.

I started looking at ProSimu T1000 with traction loss but I'm getting lost looking at all the options, I read that the actuators aren't really up to the level of punishment and don't last and the same issue on misuse of simtools licensing seems to have occurred. I don't have anywhere near the skills required to build a motion rig, let alone the time to learn said skills or actually build it, is there anywhere else you would recommend to read up on this stuff?

Upvote 0
I just built a DOFReality H3 yesterday and having never built anything more than pieces of gym equipment, it was still surprisingly easy to put together. The build is actually quite solid and possibly one of the best things about it is that it only has a 2’x3’ footprint!! The simtools presets need a little tweaking but not much. The ‘yaw’ or traction loss mechanism is absolutely outstanding! I drifted a P1 GTR in Assetto Cross around the last few turns at Spa Francorchamps and the slide was epic!! Igor is very responsive to any of questions you ask of him and though it does take awhile to ship ( total time from order to receiving product is about one month ) it was totally worth it. I posted pictures of building the rig here: https://damage1913.blogspot.com/2017/11/dof-reality-h3.html?m=1

Upvote 0
I just built a DOFReality H3 yesterday and having never built anything more than pieces of gym equipment, it was still surprisingly easy to put together. The build is actually quite solid and possibly one of the best things about it is that it only has a 2’x3’ footprint!! The simtools presets need a little tweaking but not much. The ‘yaw’ or traction loss mechanism is absolutely outstanding! I drifted a P1 GTR in Assetto Cross around the last few turns at Spa Francorchamps and the slide was epic!! Igor is very responsive to any of questions you ask of him and though it does take awhile to ship ( total time from order to receiving product is about one month ) it was totally worth it. I posted pictures of building the rig here: https://damage1913.blogspot.com/2017/11/dof-reality-h3.html?m=1

Thank you for sharing your experience! Could you please go into detail on the slack of the platform? On another forum I read there might be some slack in the levers and motors, but I am not sure if this was just an exception .

Upvote 0
Could you please go into detail on the slack of the platform?
If there even there is any it is not noticeable.
Looks like they ship next day now. Wow, let me invest my tax return in DOF Reality H3 before they rise up the prices.
As for the Fasetech RacingCube First they have no production product. Only one prototype cv1 that can't handle monitors anymore. Only one short video in danish of it, hidden in Facebook. not a single review. Specifications are contradicting each other over their own site.
With shipping and other hidden charges they ask $6k plus now with the promise to send something in May if not bankrupt.
DOF Reality are selling motion simulator platforms for over 2 years and improve and change a lot it due to unforeseen at design stage issues .

Upvote 0
Can any owners of the 3DOF H3 please comment on the seat position and stability when motion is NOT being used? I do all my gaming in my sim cockpit (FPSes, platformers etc) so it's absolutely vital that the seat will be level and relatively stable when powered down.
Any other thoughts/comments/impressions would also be much appreciated.
Also, are there any known improvements to the spec/design over the past year or so?
Cheers.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Does anyone know if it’s compatible with Acuforce v2 DD wheel and CSL Elite LC Pedals ?
Will it be able to handle forces that would generated I.e. no flex shaking?
Also what seats are compatible?

Upvote 0
Can any owners of the 3DOF H3 please comment on the seat position and stability when motion is NOT being used? I do all my gaming in my sim cockpit (FPSes, platformers etc) so it's absolutely vital that the seat will be level and relatively stable when powered down.
Any other thoughts/comments/impressions would also be much appreciated.
Also, are there any known improvements to the spec/design over the past year or so?
Cheers.
Anyone?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years