Did anyone try this 2 and 3 DOF DOFReality The first and only affordable Motion Simulator Platform?

Team from this site http://dofreality.com claim there products (2 and 3 DOF) "DOF Reality - The first and only affordable Motion Simulator Platform"
It looks solid and piced few times cheaper than any other competotor ($999 for 2 DOF and $1499 for 3 DOF).

Does anyone have experience with this company and there Motion Simulator Platforms ?
Pros / Cons?
xbanner01.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kHqDsd4eFo.jpg[

I am trying to decide between DOF Reality P3 and ProSimu T1000 3DOF. Anyone can express opinion on how those would compare? Frame of T1000 looks more serious and stable, but it seems like the cheaper actuators I can afford (Dyadic) are barely doing their job on T1000, while P3 looks like has power reserve. Engine specs also suggest P3 engines are faster, which I imagine helps transferring more details.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
I'm also looking into buying a motion rig. The DOF Reality P3 looks to good to be true, but is it?
It's price is "friendly" and the few reviews are good. Is there a list of Pro's and Con's?
But probably more important; how's their service?

Are there any other "affordable" options?
Next level racing motion platform v3 seems just a seat shaker...
ProSimu T1000 3DOF quality seems to be off (low capacity actuators and loud)...

Upvote 0
I got a DOF P3 a few months ago and love it. Motion is good. No complaints with range or speed of motion. Only issue is the minor slop in the gearbox. It cannot be beat for the price.
It takes some time to setup the software settings to how you like it. The out of box defaults for it are pretty good, but you will want to mess with it to make it more enjoyable to you. Each person has their preferences. His service is pretty good. Usually very quick to respond, and willing to do whatever it takes to make you satisfied. I am very happy with my purchase. Definitely get one with traction loss for racing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing your experience!
I've read some difficulties centering the seat (which seems to be very important), you recognize this?
It's clear I'm a newbie in motion rigs :p
With minor slop in the gearbox you mean that there's some movement in the rig while shifting?

Upvote 0
I guess you are already familiar with this thread about motion sims (focus on NLR v3 but also comparisons pro/con vs other motionrigs). https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/buying-advice-please-next-level-v3-motion-platform.137061/

In my opinion NLR v3 is more then 'just' a seat shaker. I decided to go for the NLR v3 because of low noise level, easy plug&play also goes for the software integration with the well known simrace titles. Floor space.

Some prefer a full motion rig and others a seatmover with static pedals. Both because of realism/immersion. So many people so many opinions

Enjoy the timebefore buying. The 'voorpret' is also a good time. Going back and forward in making the decision which is right for you.

Upvote 0
I've driven Next Level V3, CXC Simulator, SimCraft Apex3 GTC, and DOF P3. The SimCraft is by far the best. I felt the NLR V3 was by far the worst. The CXC was better than the DOF, but at $60k vs $2k, no way would I buy one. I race in real life, so I definitely prefer a full motion rig to a seat mover.
Now the settings in the NLR may not have been set up properly, but it really did not feel realistic at all to me, it was really distracting.
Realize that getting the settings just right is very important and takes some time. You can have a $100,000 simulator and if the software isn't setup just right, a $5,000 simulator that is setup right will blow it away. Software is very important.

Upvote 0
The minor slop is there is play in the gear box so when it goes from one direction to the other there is a brief delay before the motion happens. You don't actually feel the delay so much as it just isn't smooth as its kinda of jerky on initial change of direction. Not huge, but noticeable to me. You do not notice it if it continues in the same direction. Ie if it moves one way, stops, then moves in the same direction again, there is no slop or play.
I didn't really spend much time balancing the seat, and I've since added more stuff to it, so I probably should do that.

Upvote 0
ProSimu T1000 3DOF quality seems to be off (low capacity actuators and loud)...
The DOF is extremely quiet. ButtShakers are considerably louder than the DOF motion rig. Be aware that because of its small footprint and lightweight design, but with powerful motors, if you place it on a slippery surface (wood, tile, or vinyl) it will slide around a little bit (mostly during traction loss movement). I'd recommend putting it on carpet or something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Scott Barton
Whoa! Thanks for the info dump :)

I've had contact with Simcraft, but their solution doesn't fit me either.
The first part should fit fine, but only gives traction loss ($2.997):
https://diysim.com/products/motion-platforms/axis1-y/
To upgrade later on I need to buy their Chassis which will cost about 10k

So I understand why you have chosen the DOF Reality P3 :D
Time for me to list some questions for Igor about the DOF P3.

Saw a youtube video of the T1000 3dof uploaded this year, still those squicky birds :p

Upvote 0
Yaw is NOT traction loss as per the data is concerned.. Yaw is more commonly flight Terminology.

Your Real life race car sure doesn't pivot from its center point but rather the front tires.

Watching that video and having lots of TL experience over 5 years. That would be BY FAR the most distracting thing to your inner ear i have ever seen. You DO NOT loose traction if you turn the steering wheel 1-2 degrees going in a straight line which is Exactly what is happening on the "Axis1Y"

Horrible imo, and for the price, Holy SHI*

You want a TL base platform with a bearing and single motor for 1k....just let me know.

Upvote 0
You want a TL base platform with a bearing and single motor for 1k....just let me know.

Asked before but will do so again. ;)
Why not do a thread that covers in laymans terms what someone would need to get into motion from the d.i.y perspective.

Starting perhaps with just traction loss and then 2 dof.

Upvote 0
I’m a big guy( 110kg) can this be an issue for this motion rig?
Is the steering wheel mount adjustable?
Is the pedals plate compatible with HE pro pedals?
It seems to me that the pedals plate is too low .
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hey all,

I recently bought the P3; here you can read my review and experience:
https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...dof-motion-simulator-dof-reality.8570/page-30

Just read your review and I like the sound of it.
It seems to fit my requirements quite well, full motion, loss of traction, small footprint, cheap(er).
What sort of stroke does it have? I know the Prosimu T1000 has 100mm (4").
Can you feel road bumps/chevrons/etc? I do also have a Pearl Throne Thumper so could use that too I guess.
Is it fast enough to respond?
Any regrets?
My main games will be ACC, and Dirt Rally (possibly a flight sim too).

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years