DHL Praga R1

Skins DHL Praga R1 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
formulaHEINE submitted a new resource:

DHL Praga R1 - DHL skin for the Praga R1, with Michelin tires + adidas driver textures.

View attachment 160761

This fictional skin for Assetto Corsa features a DHL skin for the Praga R1 race car. The skin features custom car and detail textures and specific Praga R1 Michelin tire textures. The textures for the driver, team and pit are matching the car skin.

View attachment 160755
View attachment 160756 View attachment 160757

install:
copy the "85_DHL_racing_FH" folder
to: Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_praga_r1\skins\...

Read more about this resource...

Looks amazing thank you! :thumbsup: I got a bit confused though. When i opened the skin.dds of both the standard and SD folder they are both 2048K even though the standard one is ~16MB and SD is ~4MB. Is that correct?

@Alex72
Yup that's how it meant to be! The 'HD' has uncompressed 2K textures (8.8.8.8 dds) and the 'SD' uses2K DXT5 compression. 4K resolution don't add immersion for racing, it is just for screenshots and bragging. I find 2K uncompressed textures better than 4K compressed textures.
And i use this 'extra work' for the general impression of the skin, as the model itself was to created with 2K resolution and a texture load of about 33 mb per car.
The michelin tire textures for example have double the resolution than the original ones.

Last edited:
@Alex72
Yup that's how it meant to be! The 'HD' has uncompressed 2K textures (8.8.8.8 dds) and the 'SD' uses2K DXT5 compression. 4K resolution don't add immersion for racing, it is just for screenshots and bragging. I find 2K uncompressed textures better than 4K compressed textures.
And i use this 'extra work' for the general impression of the skin, as the model itself was to created with 2K resolution and a texture load of about 33 mb per car.
The michelin tire textures for example have double the resolution than the original ones.
Cheers man for the explanation, and it makes perfect sense. :) It was just because there were no resolution specified so i thought maybe the higher one was 4 or even 8K so i checked the files due to that to be sure.

Thanks again. Absolutely stunning livery.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back