Resource icon

Skins DHD Torro Rosso v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
NobbyMilo submitted a new resource:

DHD Torro Rosso - STR 9 gets the high quality treatment

Redone everything new like before in DHD, HD and SD sizes.
Blue made darker as the original is too bright in my opinion.
Thanks to all who download it.
str1_zps3cdd50d7.jpg~original

str3_zpsd930d957.jpg~original

str4_zps52066bc5.jpg~original

Read more about this resource...

What advantage is there in creating images at 8192 resolution?...the car looks more detailed??
Now all of this is good but it`s not designed to be `looked at`...for that we can create renders of a much higher quality and cars that look so realistic with hdri maps...I honestly thought it was a game!!...you know something you actually play!!!.....so you create 8192 resolutions, you have 22 cars, track graphics and much more...at these resolutions you are asking for reduced frame rates within your gameplay...you would need a very good graphics card(or two) to run at these resolutions....2048 images were created for a reason, this was to make sure the game could run on `most` pc systems with a current crop of dx11 cards....it is pointless to create resolutions this high, 4096 is probably the max you want to go, unless you just want to spend all day looking at the car instead of playing the game!..I suggest you get vray, render with GI and hdri maps...it will be more pleasing on your eyes....i prefer to just race and 4096 is just about right.

What advantage is there in creating images at 8192 resolution?...the car looks more detailed??
Now all of this is good but it`s not designed to be `looked at`...for that we can create renders of a much higher quality and cars that look so realistic with hdri maps...I honestly thought it was a game!!...you know something you actually play!!!.....so you create 8192 resolutions, you have 22 cars, track graphics and much more...at these resolutions you are asking for reduced frame rates within your gameplay...you would need a very good graphics card(or two) to run at these resolutions....2048 images were created for a reason, this was to make sure the game could run on `most` pc systems with a current crop of dx11 cards....it is pointless to create resolutions this high, 4096 is probably the max you want to go, unless you just want to spend all day looking at the car instead of playing the game!..I suggest you get vray, render with GI and hdri maps...it will be more pleasing on your eyes....i prefer to just race and 4096 is just about right.
Chill man. Go sleep, have some tea, whatever. You need to calm down.

Hello, mate! This is really a nicely done job! I have a request, if you don't mind: as Felipe Nasr will be driving for Sauber in the next two seasons, is there any possibility to make a Sauber livery and include Nasr's name and sponsorship? I'm trying to do it but I have no skill with Photoshop and that kind of tool, so I'm using MSPaint. It sucks! Anyway, if you could do that I would be thankful! By the way, Nasr's sponsors are Banco do Brasil, a Brazilian Bank as major, and OGX, a Brazilian Oil Company as minor. Thanks again!

again bla bla bla
Noone gives a d.r.a. what you prefer.
Hey! It's PC! You know what? Yeah! Latest hardware can handle the whole damn game in DHD on three screens with >1080p resolution.
Did you hear that? (old-gen) Consoles can't! That's why the game comes with 2048 and low-polygon models. That may look anywhere O.K. on a 45" TV 3m away but not on my pc screen. [btw. did you hear of lazy developers not caring about their pc ports or releasing that in HD when ported from consoles ... there're rumours, I tell ya]
4096 is enough for you? Fine, then use that and don't complain because there are textures available your hardware isn't able to handle.

What time is it? Didn't know the age of trolls has fallen. Hobbits must be afraid again.

It's pointless ... that's absolutely true ... it's pointless to read your bollocks any further, time to lay out the mat for you to be guest on some people's ignore list, I'd say.

Noone gives a d.r.a. what you prefer.
Hey! It's PC! You know what? Yeah! Latest hardware can handle the whole damn game in DHD on three screens with >1080p resolution.
Did you hear that? (old-gen) Consoles can't! That's why the game comes with 2048 and low-polygon models. That may look anywhere O.K. on a 45" TV 3m away but not on my pc screen. [btw. did you hear of lazy developers not caring about their pc ports or releasing that in HD when ported from consoles ... there're rumours, I tell ya]
4096 is enough for you? Fine, then use that and don't complain because there are textures available your hardware isn't able to handle.

What time is it? Didn't know the age of trolls has fallen. Hobbits must be afraid again.

It's pointless ... that's absolutely true ... it's pointless to read your bollocks any further, time to lay out the mat for you to be guest on some people's ignore list, I'd say.

(well press ignore muppet)....

you answered you own dumb questions.....why wrap a 8192 texture over a low poly model?....it`s like wrapping a turd in gift wrap.....good luck with that.....

as for references to `trolling`....yeh sure it is, first up all the comments I have made are valid opinions...not your opinions...but mine....I do believe I am entitled to have them, `positive or negative`...if you cannot handle that then pull you neck in and jog on....coz your talking bollox.

Maybe you've come to notice the low-poly issue is a LOD-distance issue, that's why the PC is able to have highLOD mods (where the consoles get tyres from The Flintstones). But w/e pal, that's my last statement to you anyway - too much offtopic and wasted time.

totally clueless...LOD is created via the `carlodsettings`...this determines what models are used and at what distance....the `skin` detail will only make a difference on `close` views(the highest model is also used)...medium and long distance views will not make a difference to the `skin` detail...it does not matter if you have a 100" 200mhz lcd/plasma or in fact the screen from the last U2 gig....you wont see the detail of a logo with a car 3 corners up the road!!....my point was and is...there is no point in 8192 skins as they are simply overkill...even 4096 is pushing it....and despite your `statement!`...how do you know what kind of rigs I run here?...I suggest you study a little more on game structure and less on the images....it is the first rule of childhood...`read the book and do not simply look at the pictures`...you think you get square wheels because of 2048 skins?....maybe you need to play the game more and watch less of the flintstones....mr barneyonglee :thumbsup:

kinda says it all....

mod edit ...... It kinda doesn't now.

Please stick to the topic, and leave the insults out thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're the worst troll that ever existed on this planet .

did you check everyone?....

free advice --- got get a mirror and ask yourself....`am I anally retentive?`...if the answer is `yes` then forgive me for pointing out the facts that graphics at these resolutions are a drain on pc resources, for no noticable gain.

if you do not like my opinions then you have the right to `ignore them`...but you certainly do no have any rights to stop me making those opinions.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%