DgVoodoo

Been using DgVoodoo dx 1-9 to dx11 for a while in all the simbin games and in Automobilista.
you can find the latest stable version here:
http://dege.freeweb.hu/
download and unpack.
Copy
dgVoodooCpl.exe and dgVoodoo.conf to the games root folder.
Open folder x86 and copy all dll's to same root folder.

Run dgVoodoo.exe
upload_2019-10-30_8-42-45.png

Select your adapter or use ALL.
Press apply.
Then select DirectX submenu.
upload_2019-10-30_8-45-0.png

Select Video card: DgVoodoo Virtual 3D Accelerated Card.
Select your VRam you can write higher than 2048 Mb but I use 2048 as any higher sometimes gives a low Video ram error in Gtr2!
Add MSAA or you will have flicker. Can also use DSR or Force Higher resolution in dgVoodoo
You can also tick dgVoodoo Watermark to see it is working.
Then Run gtr2Config.exe again.
Start gtr2
Start will take a little longer as the dx11 shader also need to be compiled.
You will now see a much enhanced dynamic lighting and flicker nearly or completely eliminated.
It is a hit on FPS. You can reduce the AA you use in the driver settings if needed.
I still got +300 and butter smooth display.
Another benefit is that you get prefect AA on the whole display including menu and mirrors.

You can add Reshade in +dx10 api only negative is the deVoodoo MSAA prevents Reshade from accessing the depth buffer so some effects will not work.

You do need a good GPU as a lot of the load have been moved from CPU to GPU.
Even feel the FFB are better but that might be a placebo effect!

And not going to put screenshots up!
If people can't get bothered trying it out them self they likely do not care about it anyway. ;)

Any screenshots or videos of the improvement we can expect if we use it?

The FFB improvement might not be placebo as you might be getting more FPS offloading CPU to GPU and the more FPS you have the better FFB will feel in GTR2 because FFB refresh rate is tied to FPS in that game.

I installed as per instruction on the website. dgVoodoo logo appeared bottom left but couldn 't get past the garage. Screen would freeze preventing me from clicking DRIVE. Tried three times then the fourth it crashed the game during the track loading. (didn't think to read the .trace ) I've uninstalled the voodoo and run the game without and everythings back to normal/fine. Not sure what the error was, should have looked at the .trace, perhaps a GPU problem?

What GPU do you have?
Some older GPU's that clams they support dx10.1 do not support the full registry set.
But if it is a new'ish supporting dx 11 that will not be the issue.

Did you set the VRam size?
I got a 8 Gb but set it to 2 Gb as setting it higher is not working well in gmotor games.
The after the Dgvoodoo config you need to run Gtr2Config.exe again

GPU Intel (R) HD Graphics 520 3.9 GB GPU memory

RAM 8 GB , but i didn't make any ram setting.
I ran the GTR2 config before restarting the game, oddly, there were fewer options in the config, and the only refresh rate options were 48hz and 52hz

Dege has updated the DgVoodoo wrapper with a dx12 back end.
Just drop the d3d9.dll from the MS/x86 folder into where your Gtr2 install is.
You do need a Dx12 enabled GPU, Have to select dx12 output Api on first page of the dgvoodoo config page
And you do need to run windows 12 as no other os got direct X 12.
Windows defender will delete the dgvoodooCpl.exe so make an exception
Every time you change something like enable or disable the dll you do need to run the gtr2Config.exe again

It is the first version and early beta but works great with Gtr2, GTL, Race 07 and AMS1
Still you will lose fps compared to dx9.
But racing against a large field of Ai in weather you will see same or better fps.
It will all off course depend on your particular computer hardware.
What I see with a i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz and a RTX 2070 are the Gpu gets loaded up about 10-15% higher and all 8 cores including the HT cores gets to work.
Sure Gtr2 are still mainly a single core program but the Dx12 back end does utilize the unused cores.

Getting the best looking display using DSR x4.
If you have a low end computer this will not work well for you!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%