DFGT Users. Your Opinion.

It's my first wheel and I still use it now for about 1 year without any problems ;)
I like the fact that it has so much buttons and the ffb feels really good on the Race-Series.

The pedals are a bit cheap but they also do their work ok.

Upvote 0
I had it for a year, nearly two before upgrading to a G27. The wheel is a great wheel for the price, you will have no problems with it. All except the pedals, they're a bit cheap but do there purpose, the brake pedal may stick though. I've heard that happen to a few people.

Upvote 0
Overall is an excellent wheel. Yes, there are better wheels out in the market, but that is a personal preference. The pedals may feel cheap, but they do their job really well, just have to get used to them. If interested in modding the DFGT, there are many solutions that doesn't involve any disassembly, like adding some paddles shifters if the buttons behind the wheel bother you. But recently I've made some dashboard panels that can be added to the wheel without altering or modifying the appearance of the wheel, in case you are interested in adding some hardware from Leo Bodnar or Symprojects. In general, the button layout that is included with the wheel is more than enough to start with.

Upvote 0
It is really great wheel for low price. It has disadvantages like pedals or buttons instead paddles but you can add paddles by yourself. FFB is good, not as much as in G25/27 but it's ok. The wheel has also many buttons so you don't need to set few options on keyboard. I have it about two years and it still works as good as two years ago. It's really good wheel.

Upvote 0
I started out on a DFGT, bang for buck, its still the best option out there. FFB is almost as good as G25, great build quality and reliability with an excellent selection of buttons on wheel. Okay shifter and 'paddle buttons' are not great along with the pedals when you compare them to wheels THREE TIMES THE PRICE! but seriously, you cant make judgments like that with such a huge price differential!

Superb wheel for the money, I would strongly recommend :)

Upvote 0
IMO, if you're a competitive person, start with a G27 and leave the door open for adding the clubsport pedals.
I've spent so much time trying to catch the "aliens" with my DFGT, but I have no hope as BOTH the brake and accelerator are way too sensitive.
Don't get me wrong the pedals work fine, but consider in Shift1, I had a huge problem with brake lock ups on tracks like Road America, that I was forced to use TC, but S2U I'm on elite mode......that said, I run full pro mode in all Simbin stuff, but G25/27 owners slay me.

Upvote 0
David, the wheel and pedal set has an effect yes, but there are a number of drivers that are just that good even using lesser wheel/pedal configs. I have raced against drivers who were very fast and accurate even with the keyboard or game controller. I would not put it out there that by getting a G25/27 that someone is going to be any better, but that it allows someone who has the skill to improve a little more.

Upvote 0
David, the wheel and pedal set has an effect yes, but there are a number of drivers that are just that good even using lesser wheel/pedal configs.

I dunno, it often feels like my brake pedal disengages .5-.7sec after I've depressed it.
I've looked at many VCR files and ytube vids and the common theme amongst the faster drivers is very smooth braking, and this is something I just can't do no matter how many laps, and whether or not I use a sponge mod.

In another thread here at race department, I challenged/asked people to beat my 104.9 at Curibita Race07 in the F3000.....this was with the aids on, but I did that time within 4-5 laps.....nobody responded, and I have no idea whether an alien can blitz that, but if they can't, it suggests that my racing line and braking points are fine, it's just my inability to brake and accelerate precisely with the aids off is the culprit.

Upvote 0
Most of the good drivers here drive with all aids off. They won't even consider someone's challenge if the time set is while using any aids at all. The reason for this is due to the arcade like feel and such with aids on. I have not seen anything that suggests what the difference in times might be with aids on and with them off so I am not sure if a great driver without aids can beat a decent driver who uses aids as I have never run a lap in this game with the driving aids on.

Upvote 0
Just remembered some one on this site suggested that i buy Clubsports for my G27 and use 27's pedals on my DFGT. I think that is a real good idea. I like all the buttons on the DF. They all can be mapped :cool: I have mine set up pretty sweet!. I find myself using DFGT more then 27 regardless of the pedals. FFB is pretty good too, pretty close to feel of 25/27. And we all agree good for the price.

Upvote 0
Sure I would like to own a G25 or G27, and maybe I could get better times with such kit - I don't have the DFGT,, but have a DFP which is more or less the same kit, so I will throw a few comments in here based on that. I was very lucky to pick my DFP up for £34.99 delivered (new) from Amazon a year or two ago - its the first FFB wheel I have owned (used a MS Sidewinder and a Ferrari Thrust (think thats what it was called) and the first thing I noticed was that I actually found the FFB slowed me down! Others may disagree, but I put it down to a combination of me being able to 'plough' through corners, kerbs etc on the non FFB wheels without feeling or responding to the effects of FFB and also that I suddenly found myself responding to feedback through the wheel as I would in a real car ie, making minute corrections to what I felt before I actually noticed visual cues of the car becoming unsettled (if that makes sense)

I think the DFGT/Pro are cracking value and have fantastic build quality (when you consider the pricing) - That said I do think I could be faster with a G25 or 27 - not because of the build quality but because :
1) I would have a clutch pedal and although I accept auto is probably quicker in changes there are times when I feel a clutch pedal could make me smoother and maybe faster.
2) The gear stick - I use the stick shifter (shift buttons on the back of the DFGT/Pro Wheel are useless if using more than 360 degrees of wheel rotation), now this works well but is attached to the right side of the wheel and is only sequential - I think I could do better if I was able to reposition the shifter to work better for me that could mean higher, lower, further forwards/backwards or even to my left (bearing on mind in the UK we drive on the Left side (which is the right side of the road to drive on!) and our cars are mostly right hand drive meaning in the UK for most of us in real life the stick is to our left and is operated with our left hands, so using our right hand can be a bit odd at first.

In summary its a great wheel and as in real life you'll get used to how the pedals work and where the gear stick is quite quickly and for gaming I'd highly recommend it.

Unless you have G25/27 money to spare, then I'd say get one of these - IMHO - Its not about being faster because your kit makes you faster its about IMMERSION - and if the Kit gets you more Immersed and the experience feels more realsitic then your probably gonna perform better because of that Immersion and that should lead to faster laps - but then again I'd pick slower laps and Immersion over faster laps any day.... In real life I'd be Immersed anyway so of course would always choose the faster laps!!!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years