Hello, I'll get straight to the point.

I have my Driving Force GT wheel and I generally use it to drift my asseto corsa, but I have a little problem.

I made adjustments to the game so that the steering wheel when doing a drift turns quickly, but for this the force feedback must be at a high percentage.

So the problem is that the wheel returns perfectly to its place, but it's very hard and you have to use a lot of force to turn it and it is quite annoying.

I would appreciate if someone helps me.

Last edited:
That's the main problem with belt-driven steering wheels: they are very slow, which is a big issue when you expect a quick return to center. As you have noticed, if you want to increase the speed of your steering wheel, you have to increase the force feedback, so it gets too hard to move. I suffered from this for many years when I had my Logitech G25. Maybe you can configure the software to increase the force of the self-centering. I don't remember well the name of the option, but I think the Logitech software had a way to make the steering wheel return to center automatically independently of the force feedback. It's not very realistic, but it may help with drifting.

With a direct drive steering wheel the story is very very different. It is very fast, like what you would expect in a real car, even if the force feedback is set to very low values. If you cannot afford a direct drive system, go at least for a more decent model such a T300 or a TS PC Racer. It will perform much better than your basic steering wheel.

Last edited:

I have my Driving Force GT wheel and I generally use it to drift my asseto corsa, but I have a little problem.

I made adjustments to the game so that the steering wheel when doing a drift turns quickly, but for this the force feedback must be at a high percentage.

So the problem is that the wheel returns perfectly to its place, but it's very hard and you have to use a lot of force to turn it and it is quite annoying.

Yo I drifted with one for a while! Definitely possible and fun to get your feet wet with. For it feeling hard to turn check your centering spring. Tuning FFB is the most important to have any success drifting. My test area is with the E30 Drift on Drift track, head to the inner loop and stay in 2nd gear.

Start here:
-think I used the crazy LUT

some tips:
* you certainly need FFB clip
* you will need to flick your wheel otherwise its not fast enough. Check KameTrick on YT, he used to have a DFGT and mentions it a few times in some of his tutorial videos
* lower your total rotation. while it wont match your in game steering it will help the wheel self steer and speed it up
- I had a different preset for racing and drifting: rotation, FFB, etc
* lower some of the FFB effects, I think my kerbs were at 4% , others maybe 1%? slip might have been higher.
- these will introduce too much vibrations and slow your wheel down I think.
* I used to use the sequential shifter as a handbrake.. but id recommend against it. shifting is more important. better to learn before using HB as it is a crutch
- use a keyboard binding or a joystick instead
* Might be worth it to set up your own LUT.

Last edited:
I've owned the DFGT and used it for 7 years before I upgraded to a T300.

I'll be straightforward, the DFGT is not a wheel suitable for drifting. It is the limitation of a gear driven wheel. The motor simply cannot turn quick enough, even if you push the FFB to 100% you just get the illusion that the wheel comes back quick enough but you have the challenge of the wheel being too resistant when countersteering.

Your best bet is to try and upgrade to a belt drive wheel imo.

That's the main problem with belt-driven steering wheels: they are very slow,
As mentioned above you might've confused belt with gear driven. But it's not the construction that's the issue, it's just the overall quality that causes resistance and makes it unsuited for drifting.
. I don't remember well the name of the option, but I think the Logitech software had a way to make the steering wheel return to center automatically independently of the force feedback. It's not very realistic, but it may help with drifting.
It's simply called center spring in general.
But it's really bad for drifting since the frontwheels spin the steering wheel into opposite lock when starting to drift and the center spring would try to keep the wheel centered, causing you to spin instead of drifting.
With a direct drive steering wheel the story is very very different. It is very fast, like what you would expect in a real car, even if the force feedback is set to very low values. If you cannot afford a direct drive system, go at least for a more decent model such a T300 or a TS PC Racer. It will perform much better than your basic steering wheel.
Yep, that's very very true!
Many people think a DD is meant to be strong, but for me it's only about having this super low basic resistance that makes it feel as snappy as reality!
T300 is good, ta-pc is better. For drifting, csl DD would be best though. Or a used csw 2.5 like I have, which has a setting to get rid of the always-on damping that the csw 2.0 still had.
It's almost as swift as the csl DD! (I tested a csl DD for a week).
lower your total rotation. while it wont match your in game steering it will help the wheel self steer and speed it up
That can help for sure, yep!
Also if you don't need the "letting go of the wheel, let it run into opposite lock on its own and then grab it again" to enjoy drifting, simply putting the rotation to 400° and turn the wheel manually all the time gives way better control with the dfgt!
I'll be straightforward, the DFGT is not a wheel suitable for drifting.
Exactly. It just has too much basic resistance even without ffb.
This resistance alone is stronger than what you would normally experience when initiating a drift.

You already did everything there is to try.
To improve things you can either upgrade to a faster spinning wheel or lower the rotation degrees to be able to do all drift angles while keeping your hands on the wheel all the time..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back