DFGT problem? not sure feels wrong!

C

crazywolf

• crazywolf

Hey

Recently bought a DFGT and started racing but for some reason i cant feel my front tires loose grip at all. I mean as far as i know if i go over the grip on the wheels the steering wheel should become lighter? but it feels the same if i take the curve in say 1st gear and no slide then 2nd gear and nearly slide of track (stupid example i geus as you should ofcourse not do that but its yust i cant "feel" it happening at all).

I even tried changing some settings in the user profile file concerning FFB setting (the weight on front wheels one) but it feels the same on 0.0 to 1.0.. wich seams wrong no?

Hope anyone has a clue so i can get this sorted.

Profiler is running in background but dont use it to launch game so dont think it does anything?

Tried windows standerd settings before but now on 105% ffb strenght/10% Damper strenght/10% spring effect/30% center effect.

I have a DFGT too

You should turn the centre spring off for a start, because that's creating a constant force pulling the wheel back to the centre. (A possible reason for your wheel not going 'loose'.) Its mainly meant for games that don't have FFB. For Logitech wheels I've always read to have it enabled but set to 0%... no idea why. For the other effects, try the following:

Overall Effects: 100%
Damper Effects: 0%
Spring Effect: 0%

Centering Spring: 0% (Enabled)

I've seen suggestions of 101% for Overall Strength, but I have no idea why and haven't noticed any difference myself.

You might also want to try a different controller profile. I think the default gives feedback about the whole car, whereas most of the tweaked ones I've tried are biased towards the front wheels. Makes sense to me since its the front wheels the steering wheel is connected to. I finally settled on one called 'Feels Real G25 FFB Settings' by FreeJRS, though I honestly can't remember where I got it from. I had to tweak in-game FFB a little, but other than that it works and feels great to me on my DFGT.

If you can't find it (or for simplicity) I could upload my controller profile exactly as it is now for you to try. Let me know if you want it.

• crazywolf

Ill try those settings in a minute. :)

I did try various controller profiles and even though some feel diffrent (DFpro vs G25/G27 one) they all had the same problem maybe if i try those it will feel better.

Although i have to say if you want you can upload your profile i can always give it a go ;)

Thx for help

• crazywolf

Tried your setup i think it more that i aint used to it or something as i still dont realy feel what i was expecting but considering i am new to this ill put it on that :p

thx again ill use yours and get used to it :)

Its a Race 07 controller config, so you place it in:

My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\ControlSet

You'll probably have to toggle the 'showing detected/show all' option in-game to see it, as its a profile based on a G25 rather than a DFGT.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back