Development news - 30th April 2009

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
It's been a big 12 months for me. Here's a few of the major milestones ...
- Eastern Creek Laser and BTB Laser.
- Adding Objects.
- Adding SObjects.
- New Terrain editing tools.
- XPacker.
- Complex Objects.
- RBR advances.
- Racer support.
- Oran Park LiDAR.
- a couple of private projects.

I have been working crazy hours to get this far and it's a pace that I cannot sustain without going crazier so expect a bit more space between updates over the coming months.

The v0.7 help file is being updated so it'll come out in a patch - probably next week.

v0.8 is in the planning stage as I refine the potential feature list.

But there is one more big project I have been working on for some time that will impact track makers and hopefully assist future BTB development. More on that sometime in May.

Congratulations you have had a big and busy 12 months i would say keep it up but I'm sure your tired :) I like everyone love bobs track builder it's a fantastic tool for bringing racing ideas and dreams to life in such a easy and fun way and time consuming :p but not as time consuming as it could of been without this great tool

a big thank you from me

on another note thanks for the news so where are the cookies at?

• buckets

You missed out the excellent walls update.

Cheers for all your efforts, much more than I ever expected when I bought my license.

Looking forward to the next 12 months....

In this last year, you work like "crazy" with the entire colaboration of Black.f to devolopment the future of the track editing, especially in RBR.

Take it easy mate, you have time ;-)

Best regards,

Eneko.

wow... great news :) where's the teaser ? lol

yep, piddy deserve a break !!​

Why not hire an assistant?​

I seeing good suggestions on the improvement thread. Some are easy and fast to be added. Such as "Info Tool" that I suggested (http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/15434-improvement-suggestions-10.html#post299032). Is just a window to write the GDB file for rfactor and change info fileds about track.​

Maybe aren't added because piddy are focused on another and important step to BTB which requires much time. Then an assistant can take care of these little, but necessary, things.​

;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but, from what I see, he concentrate more on major features for v1.0 and for later versions, will fix all the small details...I think it's a good way to work. :rotfl:

i agree to an extent, but the gdb thing should be something that is (a) easy, (b) he should be able to get it right first time and (c) be useful relative to the amount of time it takes to put in.

Hopefully soon he'll add support for the 'auxillary' functions including gdb, tdf, loading screens etc. its an easy way to take a step towards having a more complete product.

Onya Piddy!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years