Deutschlandring

Tracks Deutschlandring 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Fat-Alfie submitted a new resource:

Deutschlandring - 10km circuit set in the German countryside

View attachment 297671
Deutschlandring - a showcase for 1930s German engineering, boasting the fastest corner in Grand Prix racing, designed to host the 1940 German Grand Prix... destined never to be used at all.

In the 1930s, the government of Nazi-Germany constructed a circuit that was to replace the infamous Nordschleife of the Nürburgring. The new track allowed for much faster speeds and, being exactly 10km in length, was to have much quicker lap times. This in turn meant more fun...

Read more about this resource...

Really appreciate the time you spent searching all the infos on the track and location.
And thanks for the history lesson, very interesting! Sad faith... but you brought it to life after all! Huge accomplishment
Congrats on that, and can't wait to test this 1.0 !

giphy.gif

Why do I have to be at work right now?!

Wow!
Haven't tried it yet, but I know the quality to expect when you release a track.

For installation, you explain:
TEXTURE ADJUSTMENTS FOR EITHER "STANDARD AC" OR "SOL+SHADER PATCH" - 22/03/19
The default installation of this track is configured for a "SOL+SHADER PATCH" set up. The textures for all camera_facing objects (spectators) are much darker to make them correctly exposed when using the current Patch. These files are also in the SOL+SHADER PATCH.zip archive.

If you use a standard AC set up please extract the contents of VANILLA TEXTURES.zip to the data folder (over-writing the originals). These textures are lighter and are designed to be correctly exposed with a standard AC set up.

I use CM and Custom Shaders and GBW (not SOL).

Should I use the default installation or the Vanilla Textures?

I have set the track up as if you are using Custom Shaders (Shader Patch), so you don't need to do anything, @Billy Pilgrim

I found that Kunos-style spectators (i.e. pre-Shader Patch) appeared really over-exposed when used with the Shader Patch. As not everyone uses the Shader Patch I thought it best to include 'standard' textures for use with a traditional AC installation, and my darker textures for use with the Shader Patch.

I know it's not ideal, the user having to swap textures, but I couldn't think of a better way to avoid "the people all look like white ghosts! / the people are all really dark!" :unsure:

I hope that makes sense, but if you have any further questions please ask away :)

Just as I rejoiced I only have to wait mere days for this release upon finding out about it, my GPU decides to go and die... Karma is a b**ch, I guess.

ZWBSXJV.png

I think i have shader patch - needed for watkins glen by lilski, as i remember-
But i haven't sol and i don't use cm.
I have to use default installation?

The best way to install it is to drop the contents of the .zip into your AC folder. That way, the file needed for night time will be installed correctly too. This file is missed out if you drag the .zip onto Content Manager :unsure:

Very very very nice track. :thumbsup:
Looks amazing, very detailed, feels fine and is well optimised. Kudos.
Water looks nice too ;)
Night driving is fine. Not too much lights, but present where needed in dangerous corners.

This is just:

ccb095b9b28b992784c1b9a166308167dba51250b56ac6db0fbb0d5727297907.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%