Detroit Belle Isle.

See it worked with 15 ai but when i try with 20+ i think it stops
I checked Detroit's AIW and it only supports a total of 22 on the grid so that means 21 AI + yourself.
I confirmed my statement using 21 AI (standing start) in a 15 lap race and it all worked great. :thumbsup:

Note: The track author should always designate how many grid spots it supports so there is no confusion!

Last edited:
I literally was just looking into this the other night. I reduced the number of AI but I don't know if I was working with less than 21 AI.

Anyway, when I would start the race session with a rolling start, I along with all the AI would start out in space below the track, free fall for a second then plop in the garage spaces and the AI wouldn't do anything. Looking into the AIW I noticed the alt grid positions were set out in space below the track. In the AIW I simply copied all the "grid" spaces using a text editor and pasted them over the alt grid positions. When I rolled over to a race session it worked everyone lined up on the front straight and rolled off with the pace car.

I was going to see if I could contact the original author to update the track with my re-packaged track. I can try to upload it and provide a link to my version for you this weekend.

When i redo the AI fastlines plus other issues for various tracks i simply make a small AI update mas file addon for my friends to download thus no need to download the whole track all over again. Also, this method doesn't interfere with the original track's mas file and allows them to go on servers which don't have the update thus no mismatches. Give the small update to the author, a win win for everyone! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
After checking further into the AIW i determined it needs much more attention before a update release!
1) Left/Right pace lines
2) Blocking line
3) Proper track thumbnail-icons
4) Improve blending the Pit-In line from the Fast line
5) SlowWhenPushed and AIDraftStickiness edits should be added.
6) Original AI fastline used from previous sim thus the fastline won't be as optimized like a new one.

Last edited:
AIW determines where the vehicle grid, pit, pace car, and garage positions are placed on the track. It also stores paths for the AI to follow and tells the AI where the right, left, and fastest path around the track. It can be edited in RF2 devmode but the process is cumbersome. The AIW needs to be added to the mas file and re-packaged together into the track to work properly.

The AIW I posted still needs what Ace found missing listed above. I've been busy with a couple other projects at the moment to look more into it. I was hoping my AIW could be a start with the grid positions not working even for an AI race. If someone doesn't get to it before me I'll post a new version of Belle Isle with this AIW.

I've been following a topic here on the S397 forum where t0p5ecret is updating the AIWs for many tracks, I'll see if he can add this one to his list:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/track-aiws.64102/

Last edited:
Frustrating. I go to race there and nothing happens. It say's formation lap, nothing happens. Skip formation doesn't work either. Does anyone have a fix for this or do I have to do a bunch of editing, ans a newbie don't want to mess it up. I downloaded the AIW posted here, but not sure where it is supposed to go.

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question, but why hasen't someone done this already and put it out there in an update for this track for RF2? Also,I looked and I thought I saw several MAS files in there.

I believe the AIW is found in the "main" named mas file separate from the textures and models but I think that can vary depending on how the author names the folders. Drag the mas file into the MAS Utility window to find the AIW. I believe most people leave the update for the original author to make.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%