Details about the engine of Assetto Corsa

Have Kunos revealed any details about their engine? It seems a very nice engine. What sort of polycount are they using for the models? They look very similar to pCARS models, very detailed and smooth. Lighting seems very natural and clean. Looks like a PC version of GT5 too me. Really can't wait

Not sure if this has been asked before but what type of tire model would Kunoz say they have?
You hear so much about games like "that one has this tire model and that one has that one etc"
NKPro we knew was awesome, we know AC will be as well but what type of tire model is being used?
How much does it simulate? would be great if there was some small techincal pieces one could read up on regarding the tire model.

The tyre model is something Stefano has created ad hoc. It's based on "single slip profile" with flex, relaxation length, speed sensitive, and everything else you can immagine calculated dynamically and not in steady state.

It's a bit difficult to analyze with graphs and curves because everything is dynamic, but on the other hand it is extremely easy to tweak with relatively a small amount of variables and it is also difficult to do "stupid" things with it. As a result, even modders with low experience, will be able to do very good tyres for their cars, without messing around too much.

So the things you don't see, are difficult and already made by Stefano and to some extend me. The rest is easier to handle.

Most importantly, it gives an amazing feeling of being connected with the road, while at the same time staying always predictable without any moments of "wtf"

This is not our "NTM" that I mentioned in that tweet you've posted. That's an even more advanced tyre model that we are not going to use on v1.0. That one theoretically has some even more impressive potential, but we haven't even driven it, it's just equations and graphs for now (but very impressive hehe).

I would think it's gonna be similar to rF2's model. It should be a fully dynamic brush model and support real carcass modeling. NetKar had the most amazing model so i'm really excited to see how the new one feels. rF2's is really nice, so i'm intrigued to see how the Kunos guys have done it this time

without any moments of "wtf"
gallery_298_17_11288.gif

Not sure if this question belongs in this thread.

As this sim is being designed to attract all levels of racing fanatics, from novice to experts, I am eager to see what it has to offer in terms of telemetry. To assist novices and juniors in seeting up the car, can AC add some form of assistance or guidanace in the telemetry to help interpret the results and provide suggestions as to what could be changed in the setup? This could encourage other racers to try out this sim.

Im not expecting to have the perfect setup but I am cetain that even today's pros use AI and simulations to optimize their car setups. A little bit of help can go a long way.

Thanks

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing