Desire to create different skins for the cars and helmets

I understand intent for the modding restrictions in RaceRoom, but I feel it would be great to have the ability to create different skins for the cars and helmets.

Does anyone share that desire? Or am I alone out here? Input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

FraPP!!!

Last edited:
I am unfortunately not talented enough to make any skins and helmets myself but I think this is the number #1 shortcoming of R3E.

The community engagement would be so much higher if they allowed this type of customizations. I hope it will come one day as I honestly can't come up with one reason why this would be blocked.

I am unfortunately not talented enough to make any skins and helmets myself but I think this is the number #1 shortcoming of R3E.

The community engagement would be so much higher if they allowed this type of customizations. I hope it will come one day as I honestly can't come up with one reason why this would be blocked.
If you can create a hugely successful website you can create a Skin ;)

Couple of reasons I can think of are;
Development cost, any system to not only create, but use and share your own skins in multiplayer would need development, which means other features would have to be put on hold.

Moderation of liveries is another cost, as soon as you give the public the ability to make their own art you just know that someone will make something obscene which needs to be moderated and removed.

Licensing restrictions from manufacturers / series. While thats not a issue for all of the cars I know some of them are quite stringent as to what liveries their cars are allowed to be run with. In R3E for instance they had to make it impossible to buy the old liveries for the 911 GT3 R when they launched the 2019 version, and in ACC your options to modify the livery of the Bentley is severely limited due to restrictions from Bentley.

Last but not least, their brilliant idea of charging the users for liveries, if people could make their own custom ones then who would pay for the official ones? :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%