Demo lap times!

• Ingo Voellinger

I didnt judge, i saw it. :)
But if you show me a replay, i am happy to take this back.

The fastest players in my last online races take the chicane before the second straight almost flat and drive over this green surface (whats this? looks a bit like water!).
Some of them posted times here, thats why i wanted to adress this.

I never understood how can it be that some guys can go much faster than real pole position times.. Also the real race drivers said that it's much harder for them to do their laptimes in-game because of the lack of forces they feel in real life.

But I don't care about this, still very much drivers I can compete with:) Usually they're quicker than me on qualifying though, so I think I know where I should improve first!

The main reason people go faster in sims then in real life on the same track / car is because the length off the tracks might be just that couple of meters shorter, not 99% accurate and accurate grip as well as the cars themself too. There isn't that many if any tracks that have 99% accurate length and grip, so it's always hard to judge real lap times with sim lap times.

Lol, i think the main reason is that you can push 100 procent in an online car and in real life you always have the fear to:
  1. **** yourself when you go too fast
  2. Wreck the car and have to pay for the damage yourself
  3. Loose your life when you crash into the pitwall

• Mikkow

Some more things to keep in mind to explain mismatched laptimes from reality and simulator:

1. The real drivers didn't have as much time, nor being free of risk, to make a perfect lap. Even changing setup settings take longer in real life.

2. Might have been colder, a bit moist/damp etc on the track at the time.

3. The simmers might be cutting in ways not allowed 100% in reality.

4. The simmers are not affected by distracting G-forces, vibrations and excessive noise (even though some is a disadvantage).

• Ingo Voellinger

I have seen somone do a 1:16.1 yesterday!
He was 3 times in the grass in this lap, maybe he used a cheat or it was a bug?

• Ingo Voellinger

The question is how is it possible if it is impossible?
This player could have done even better but he made 2 big mistakes in the lap after and it was only a 1:17.

• Ingo Voellinger

Look at this screenshot:

Attachments

• laptime.JPG
    laptime.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 241

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back