GT5 Delayed again....

Gran Turismo 5 Delayed Until “This Holiday Season”

Via the official PlayStation US Blog:

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

Expect this delay to apply to all regions around the world – I will update this post as other official sources continue to update for Europe, Asia, and Australia/NZ.

Will Gt5 have a pic upload thingy like Forza3 has?
sw2ukm.jpg

21aaeir.jpg

There will be Photomode in GT5 (as it is in GT4). Unlike FM3 where the image is limited to the size of the screen (1280x720 pixel) in GT5, I believe the maximum resolution is 18.7MP (5760 x 3240 pixel). And you don't have to upload to a site but save it on your PS3 photo folder (ie. HDD) where you can download to USB stick or even upload to Flickr etc. And unlike the photomode in FM3, in GT5 compression artifact won't be much of an issue.

I wonder if the human body could hold up to the g's that this car would produce in a race, and what if they crash at that speed it would be horendous. Then there heat exhaustion with a closed cockpit, look at the peugoet lms car, biggest drawback to the design depending of what time of year raced. Will they be able to have tyres to work at that speed. Thats were i have the problem with a computer designed cars,and weve seen how the upgrades devoloped for a f1 car this season on a pc then a wind tunnel dont work when on a actual track so the figures that are on the spec are only figures.. alot of thing would change if it was produced for real. It does look impresive but its only a mythical car with figures to match. im more excited about the other things in gt5 as they are taken from excisting cars on the road or track. I will proberly end up getting a playstation and the game as i do like race games...

Here's the calculation for X1's cornering G:

"The total load on the X1's tires at 300km/h is 1142.7kgf at the front tires, and 1432kgf at the rear tires. The coefficient of friction for the tires isμ=1.97. From these conditions, the maximum cornering force that the tires can exhibit can be determined to be 5073kgf. Dividing this by the wet weight of the X1 of 615kg comes to be 8.25, which is the maximum cornering G of the X1."

And 8.25G is at the limit of what the human body can endure.

If you live in the UK, I believe the latest EVO magazine has an interview with Adrian Newey regarding the X1. Interestingly, Red Bull have actually built a 1:1 model of the car and when Newey was asked if it's possible for a driver to withstand the G-force the X1 pounds.

"It would be impossible to create an environment whereby the driver could survive those kind of G forces for a race distance rather than a single lap but a combination of driver training and restraints- particularly for the head and neck- mean it would be possible."

To me the X1 is the higher concept in comparison to what PD did with Nike in GT4- the human powered vehicle. It's not the high-point of the game which has to be the production cars but interesting nonetheless.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%