Misc Delay retirement of damaged cars after collision

I am pleased to find out that by changing the value of BehaviourRetire bool from true to false in the file ai_driver_config.xml, the driver will stay in the immobilized car longer and could even be there until the race is over. Enjoy !

<behaviour>
<BehaviourRecovery bool="true" />
<BehaviourRetire bool="true" />
<BehaviourHeatVision bool="true" />
</behaviour>

upload1.jpg

upload2.jpg

upload4.jpg

Great Find mate this will help the guys working on SC Mod and is there any timer associated with that to keep how much time they need to be on track.

Guess this will keep them on the track if it is not other failures. For stuck vehicles, may be used these to keep them longer: 9999 should be long enough, lol.

<rtRetirementResetTimer float="9999.0" />
<rtStuckTime float="9999.0" />
<rcRecoveryTimeOut float="9999.0" />

It is fun to see the driver desperately and repeatedly trying to get out of a situation. You may find stuck situation for Monaco and safety car came out often. I am not sure as I have many mods besides these..

You can also do something similar by changing this line in the ai_choreo:

Code:
<manager ... remove_unsafe_retires="true"

But its not much use because they will never be removed. Nice find :thumbsup:

Rcrecoverytimeout is already used in the sc mod. I edited this line and the moderate damage threshold line to let the cars go to the pits when they hhave a puncture or a lost front wing instead of retiring.

When the drivers won't retire the sc won't come out. And when they do retire but the car stays on track the sc Will end up in a loop.

I am pleased to find out that by changing the value of BehaviourRetire bool from true to false in the file ai_driver_config.xml, the driver will stay in the immobilized car longer and could even be there until the race is over. Enjoy !

<behaviour>
<BehaviourRecovery bool="true" />
<BehaviourRetire bool="true" />
<BehaviourHeatVision bool="true" />
</behaviour>

View attachment 35789

View attachment 35790
View attachment 35791

I tried ^^;

<behaviour>
<BehaviourRecovery bool="false" />
<BehaviourRetire bool="false" />
<BehaviourHeatVision bool="false" />
</behaviour>

but game is down ㅜ.ㅜ
I can't play F1 game
so , I edit again , false -> true

game is ok

Whta's Problem ^^:; Please~~~!!

I tried ^^;

<behaviour>
<BehaviourRecovery bool="false" />
<BehaviourRetire bool="false" />
<BehaviourHeatVision bool="false" />
</behaviour>

but game is down ㅜ.ㅜ
I can't play F1 game
so , I edit again , false -> true

game is ok

Whta's Problem ^^:; Please~~~!!

Edit this only: <BehaviourRetire bool="false" />
The rest are shown only for easy searching of this item,

Rcrecoverytimeout is already used in the sc mod. I edited this line and the moderate damage threshold line to let the cars go to the pits when they hhave a puncture or a lost front wing instead of retiring.

When the drivers won't retire the sc won't come out. And when they do retire but the car stays on track the sc Will end up in a loop.

Remy,

which line would I have to change to make the AI go back to the pits if they have a puncture / lose a wing etc.? Most often the race engineer keeps telling me my team mate has a puncture and 20 seconds later he's retired. That's annoying. :)

• Deleted member 137812

This has been found already, but it doesnt solve what people actually want. CM is being an ass to make this "false" or "true", instead of adding a timer to it. :(

Catch me if you can.

Screenshot94247-1.jpg

Anyone interested and do not know how to reduce the chance of wheels detaching from the car after a collision can send me a message for my way.

ps I will try to reply soonest as I don't come here often, also there is no guarantee that the mod will work for you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%