Resource icon

Cars Delage 2LCV 1923 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
If the UV map is too awkward to add the numbers direct to the skin itself, then the next best option would be to make the numbers a separate mapped entity, similar to how Kunos handles the liveries for their modern F1 car DLCs like the F2004. @SATLAB90 made his Jordan EJ11 mod using this same technique for the sponsors on that car, so if you want to learn how to do it, he's my first recommendation.

I did try shrink-wrapping a plane to the body for the FIAT (which had similar UV issues) but it needed so many tris in the plane for it to look good that I decided not to use it and just take the hit to accuracy by moving the numbers elsewhere. One of those compromises that comes from wanting to keep the tri-count down for better performance versus wanting to be as accurate as possible.

If there's a way to do it with that doesn't take thousands of tris then I'll definitely use it.

you can't just go and damage a national treasure sir

@Nicecuppatea
i tend to put around 10% damage, just to have the info what damages the car or not
without the annoyance of the real damage

That's the sort of damage I can live with :D

Not really sure what sort of figure is reasonable for the RPM_DAMAGE_K value, I've got 0.1 there atm but that's just what was there when I dug out the example to follow for setting it up.

Thanks for the reply. The Rennbahn track is great! Exactly the kind of thing I am talking about.

I know you get requests for every pre-war car that was ever made, and I am not going to request another per se. You did say you need a break to build up "enthusiasm" and I just want to stoke that enthusiasm a little bit if possible. I saw that the A22 is your next planned car (which is fantastic) so I just want to suggest you stick with the 1923 cars from other events. That would put your mod (I think of your cars collectively as The 1923 Mod) in the unique position of having the first mid-engined GP car (Benz), but also having Mercedes and Benz as separate manufacturers, which I believe no other GP mod has. Would be f'ing epic! :)

The Benz Tropfenwagen is one I've always been keen on. Mercedes are one of the few car companies I know of that really make an effort with sharing their heritage online so there's some fairly good info available too. Just trying to pin down the proportions for the Rolland and I've got 3 different numbers for the wheelbase and 4 different numbers for the front track :rolleyes: That's after doing a search on every search engine I know and going through almost every relevant result.

Atm, I feel like I'd like to try something a bit different once the Tours set is done, just for a bit of variety and maybe the chance to learn something new but the vintage era is what I enjoy the most so it wouldn't be too modern. "None of that new-fangled tomfoolery around here please!" :laugh:

If anyone else wants to have a go at this era then feel free, be glad to help if you need any tips or pointers - don't want anyone to feel like I think this is my 'turf' or anything, the more the merrier, I say.

I've added in the damage, will update in a week or two. Must admit it's something I've not really bothered with up to now, partly because it's hard/impossible to pin down exactly where the red-line should be with these cars and partly because I rarely have damage on when I'm driving, but it's one of those things that puts the 'sim' into sim-racing so it should be there if possible. Seems a bit binary atm in the way it works but I'll have a rummage through the forums and see if it's possible to do it in a more gradual way.

I understand, I must say that I run too with zero damage but only when I race, since AI are good but not very respectful of the player in some scenarios. When I am driving by myself, I do have damage turned on or else my driving would just get shoddy as I would feel allowed to do anything I want. Plus, I like to understand better some limits of the car which are visible only when damage is on.

In cars like these, damage by over-revving comes as something that is a natural part of the car for me. It was something drivers had to be very careful of when driving in anger, and good drivers distinguished themselves from bad or just casual drivers for their ability not to bend valves springs or damage pistons. It is a solid part of what makes the experience, again, in my opinion :D

Are you seeing it from the driver's viewpoint?

yess, cockpit view

In cars like these, damage by over-revving comes as something that is a natural part of the car for me. It was something drivers had to be very careful of when driving in anger, and good drivers distinguished themselves from bad or just casual drivers for their ability not to bend valves springs or damage pistons. It is a solid part of what makes the experience, again, in my opinion :D

I know with the Voisin it was capable of reaching 4800 rpm but the drivers were told to keep it at 4000 because of overheating, something that crops up again and again with these cars, a lot of them seem to have struggled with cooling. If you look at the photos from Tours you notice some ragged looking holes cut in the bodywork of some of the cars, presumably as a temporary fix. The FIAT was apparently capped at 5500 at Tours because of dodgy valve springs as well.

I'll have a play with CSP and see if I can find that wonky texture. Been meaning to update the FIAT but after getting something I actually liked with the Delage I've been having a go at improving the sound.

Just to share, there's a value in the physics app called ELIFE which starts at 1000 and I assume counts down (per second) by whatever you set as RPM_DAMAGE_K. I didn't want to set too high a value and have people blowing their engines after 30 seconds. When ELIFE gets to about 250 you get black smoke, when it gets to 0...no more racing for you :redface:

20210408171943_1.jpg

Thank you for the lovely mod!
Without warning or seeming cause Force Feedback no longer seems to work with the Delage. I already re-installed it from here. Any ideas?
That's odd, only thing I can think of is the data.acd file has somehow become corrupted, but re-installing should fix that. If you've unpacked the data to change the rain stuff in car.ini there should be a section near the beginning of that file that starts:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=3.8

That's the only setting I can think of that could affect FFB so drastically.

BTW, seeing GPlaps driving your 1923 mods on Youtube is the reason I chose Asseto Corsa when I wanted to get another driving sim after BeamNG. History+motors+simulation=my bag.
Same here, I think that's the best thing about AC, the way mods have expanded it into a driving sim sandbox as well as a racing sim. Always seems mad to me that no-one has looked at AC's success and tried to replicate it and update it, seems like money waiting to be made to me but I'm on the outside looking in so maybe I'm wrong.

Nicecuppatea updated Delage 2LCV 1923 with a new update entry:

Delage 2LCV 1923 v.1.1

Little update to add...

-engine damage enabled
-moved rainfx enabled data.acd to 'rainfx_data' folder, car is vanilla (ish) to start with, replace the data.acd with the one in the folder if you want RainFX. Probably should've done it this way to start with, should work out of the box for everyone now, and people who want rainfx are hopefully a bit more likely to read the instructions.
-reduced lod A tri count a bit
-reduced lod B tri count a lot
-added lods C & D
-added a couple of skins to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice work with the update. Will you be doing some cleanup updates for the Bugatti, Voisin and Sunbeam as well to remove the numbers from the base model?
Eventually. If you want to blank them out for a new skin, you can use CM to save the AO as the main diffuse texture in your new skin and that should give you a clean slate. Save it as whatever CM tells you is the txDiffuse texture for each body, I don't think I was very consistent with their names, so it's best to check.

Should add engine damage too, must admit I'm kind of reluctant to go near the Bugatti again because I know I'll get sucked into trying to improve the sound and that's a world of pain in itself :laugh:.

I don't know if there's something on my install breaking things, but the AI seems unable to upshift on this car. I took the AI upshift RPM down to 5500 with the car tuner app, and the AI laptimes dropped like a brick. I guess 5600 is just straddling the limiter too closely, so the limiter bouncing makes the AI think it's only reaching that on bumps and not legitimately.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%