Default tracks, or downloadable content?

Marco Bijl

Axe Travels
Well, as the title says. I am curious in what you guys like better.

We have the Default Race content (or whichever addon is used at the event).
Pro - Everybody has it, and most know their way
Against - Everybody has seen it before

We also have the download tracks here at RD.
Pro - More exciting, and more different tracks
Against - Not everybody knows their way.

So, what do you guys favour. I went with the download content until know, cause I thought that would be appreciated more. But as always, I am open for suggestions :)

Agreed, trackbuilder like to use everything they got and a bit more. Mostly it's just poorly optimized but let's put my money where my mouth is.. Cold Laps, anyone, remember still? The track is ready and sent to RD staff for an inspection. Now we just wait for an approval, clear you calendar for the next saturday... I can promise for a different experience, a very treat indeed. For a recap, Cold Laps is an event where NONE of the participants have driven on a track before. Every minute of practice, qualy and warmup is needed, the playfield is completely even for everybody. Nobody has the edge over another... It's going to be intense event and it happens saturday the 12th if all goes according to the master plan.. Now let's start thinking about cars.. Final decision is made by RD but in order for us getting the most drivers as possible, let's start speculating and suggesting. The track has elevations, corners are fast flowing made for F1 with medium to high downforce. The difference between GT and open wheeler is big. I recommend Formula BMW or GT Club BMW. WTCC felt boring because of the high speeds and wide track.

I agree. There are only a few that give me problems, but there are several add-on tracks I haven't downloaded yet too.
The best way to address this is to get in contact with the trackbuilder and give feedback.. No one for ex. has reported any performance issues from my tracks and some are designed to take everything out of the game.. We don't know if you don't tell us, modders need feedback as there are no big teesting possibilities.. Game companies test these with good analysing tools and use tons of betatesters, modders use themselves and a few mates.. I have no issues with my rig, apart from Targa of course but that is made for the high end and stated so.. I've got 3Ghz single core 1,5mb of RAM and 7900GTO graphics, very moderate setup and everything works fine, addon or original content. Addon tracks don't have the same base performances as do the original content but rarely they exceed the Nurds-limit, which is a point where the game may start to stutter with recommended PC requirements. So if you can run ALL the tracks, Nurds included, you should have no issues. If there is, drop a line to trackbuilder, it may get fixed..Or update your PC. There is a lot more stuff in OG tracks but they are better optimized than addons. Doing offline races with full AI grid takes a heaploads of performance, my rig can't handle full grid on max settings without stuttering but then again, i don't race against the AI as there are real people online..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%