Deeper career mode

F1 series by codemasters isn't all that amazing from driving point of view, but what I really like is their career mode , and it's something that keep me getting back and also buy the new releases, even though the game hasn't really changed

The idea would be that you would be part of a racing team, potentially involved in also management of the team / finances, collecting trophies and what not

A proper career mode would be cool, where you need to buy some upgrades during your tournaments to finish on top.
For anybody that still remembers, SportCarGT had quite a good career mode.
Progressing from GT4 all the way to LMP1

The so-called career mode in both AC and ACC is awful so that's one clear weakness that could be improved on. Imo, make the career open-ended so it doesn't consist of just X amount of races and then it's over. Update the career as the game is updated, for some reason the AC and ACC careers were never touched again after release. Some customization options so you can tweak things to your preference. And no fantasy arcade features like the car upgrades in Dirt Rally.

I wouldn't mind if AC2 had such a thing because I would simply ignore it, but if it was part of the main game it would definitely use ressources that would be better spent on making a great simulation.

They should add gimmicks like that later as DLC.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if AC2 had such a thing because I would simply ignore it, but if it was part of the main game it would definitely use ressources that would be better spent on making a great simulation.

They should add gimmicks like that later as DLC.
Well I do respect your opinion, everyone is after something else

coming from a developer background, I absolutely understand your concern, because "properly" done career mode is a HUGE amount of extra work , and the return of investment might be hard to measure

but let me put it this way

I own F1 from 2010 to 2021 ( only missing out 2014, 2015 and 2017 ) and I'm pretty sure if they weren't making career mode updates ( like adding make your own team, or now the story mode), I wouldn't have bothered to buy 2020 and 2021, so the career mode sells

I don’t care much for career modes like the one in F1 202*, because they usually feel unrealistic to me, especially the « cut scenes » with scripted dialogues. I didn’t even bother to try « breaking point ». I would rather have custom championships. It’s easier to simulate…

AC as always been multiplayer game first we don't want it to change. Having some features offline, yeah, not a whole risky solo career.
U have to get a fcking good scenario with it and that's a long time since i did not enjoyed a racecar scenario better than "you have to win 20 races... blabla ... to be the best, to unlock smth, to win crowd hearth". That would be waste of developping time and ressources to have a solo mode not really exciting like there are a lot out there.
It could be original if this career brings you in multiplayer series with real people as rivals. Connecting people.

AC as always been multiplayer game first we don't want it to change. Having some features offline, yeah, not a whole risky solo career.
U have to get a fcking good scenario with it and that's a long time since i did not enjoyed a racecar scenario better than "you have to win 20 races... blabla ... to be the best, to unlock smth, to win crowd hearth". That would be waste of developping time and ressources to have a solo mode not really exciting like there are a lot out there.
It could be original if this career brings you in multiplayer series with real people as rivals. Connecting people.
Disagree here. Not everyone has the time, the skills or just the will for multiplayer.

For me for example AC has always been a SP game. I have wife and kids, i just have no more possibilities to race online. My online "career" ended with rFactor1.
And i am very thankfull to have a AC, which i also can enjoy alone everytime its possible for me. Not beeing nailed to a calender or beeing stressed due hard competition.

Last edited:
I agree with Kevin that it's not only a multiplayer game. Certainly it's not how I use AC, personally.

AC as always been multiplayer game first we don't want it to change.
That said, if this is the predominant sentiment of the community, then Kunos should go full rFactor 1 and ship very little content or game modes and focus on simply getting the engine and netcode right. A viable path. possibly! That said, this wouldn't be the outcome I would necessarily hope for, nor would Kevin (or others liking this thread) from the sounds of it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back