Deduct points instead of time penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but here in the case a team votes +60 to another team, and NO Penalty in the same accident to a team mate, there will be 11 more votes to judge it, so it will be hard that an unfair vote gets the point.

Dont know how many of u that have raced in FSR.

I have a WC license there, and I remember huuuuge problems with the Race Direction accused of being biased and a lot of bad stuff :)

Here we don't have a filter, we have a standard level of punishment and then the teams vote. If you see all the racing incidents you will notice all the graphs have a normal distribution, this means a bell shape, where the highest point is the penalty. This means we are discarding all the extreme, wrong or biased votes in an effective way.

Brilliant idea, last year RPM got 2 wins stripped off us for collisions that did not deserve a win to be taken away, but none the less they were incident's and needed to be dealt with. This is a brilliant idea and is now consistent, as if you have a huge gap behind you then you have no effect on you - I just hope Team Managers won't take an opportunity to knock down their closest rivals by not looking at the incident and rather thinking "How many points can I gain out of this" just hope they will be dealt with fairly, as they have been so far this season.

I just hope Team Managers won't take an opportunity to knock down their closest rivals by not looking at the incident and rather thinking "How many points can I gain out of this" just hope they will be dealt with fairly, as they have been so far this season.

I doubt it happen Ross. With just 1 vote that could be, but with 12 votes it will always be common sense taking the cat to the water.

imo the war system works very well since it involves everyone and evens out the rough spots. Be it an intra-team vote as we do in BFR or a lone person as TBR does, the result always will be tested against 11 other voices. And in the course of the season, everyone gets to sit in the hot seat sooner or later.
apart from changing to points (which I doubt will make much of a difference) all that we should take away from this thread is a reminder to maybe vote "no incident" more often if it really was not worth reporting in the first place.

was not worth reporting in the first place.

Got and idea here also :) .
When i am in a race and the guy hitting me waits and let me repass him its less lickely i will report an incident. And i think this goes for most drivers here. Now i know in the rules is stated : "Don't wait " , to avoid an incident with a driver waiting. But if you do it professionally and you wait in the next straight then there is no problem. Look at the STC races and you will see often drivers do this. So i would say if you tap someone wait let him repass you, problem solved in most cases. If you don't wait you have a bigger risk for incident report :) .

I can agree that many of the incidents that have recieved panalty is in my opinion race incidents. Coming together do accure. Just look at Webber/Hamilton in Singapore. That for me is a clear racing incident (please do not start a discussion whether or not you think so, it is just an example) where both can be blamed for it. Just hard racing that somtimes ends up in tears even if it is no persons fault. But maybe this is another discussion that deserves its own thread?

@Xosé: Ok, I get it now (about the results boards) but I stand by my point that it is a good idea for next season (though no one answeared me on the questino if the wins will still count?) but not this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back