dedicated server wont appear?

The screen showing your open ports looks to be correct. I am not sure why you have also put the server in the DMZ (since you are already forwarding the necessary ports, that itself should be enough). Do you also run a firewall on 10.0.0.23? If so, inspect its configuration to make sure it is not blocking incoming traffic.

Also you state it is not visible for most people. What exactly do you mean? Does it not show up in their matchmakers? If so, that could also be because of an issue on their systems (not increasing the number of concurrent updates comes to mind). What happens if you ask them to directly connect to your EXTERNAL_IP and PORT by adding that to their server lists in-game? Does that work?

For future reference, this question is also cross-posted here:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23883-No-one-sees-dedicated-server

Ok, so the problem is they do not see it in the matchmaker (= the server list). Let the people who do not see it open their multiplayer.ini in UserData/THEIRPLAYERNAME and search for the line that starts with "Concurrent Server Updates". Change the value to a lot more than 400 (I suggest 4000). Even then, it might require a few refreshes before it works.

Well, all I can tell you is that it is quite common to change that parameter. And not something that changed recently either, so I don't see any problem telling people to do this. They need that anyway to see the full list of servers. It is not just your server that goes missing.

It has nothing to do with the number of mods.

The "Concurrent Server Updates" parameter specifies the maximum number of servers that any client will ever fetch. It was probably introduced to limit the bandwidth used when requesting the list. Nowadays it's safe to say that for most people that will not be a concern anymore which is why I recommend to increase the number.

So why did ISI never increase the default? Not sure, maybe they should have. On the other hand, most people create their driver profile once and keep (even copy) it from installation to installation, so I'm not sure if we would have been in a much better place had they done that.

but you can say both ports together I think I have a fritzbox 7490 now before I had a crappy box from my provider allways trouble with it
so like this

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    54.1 KB · Views: 674

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline