dedicated server settings.

hi all iv had a look at the dedicated server stuff for ac (bit confusing lol)
so i was wondering if anyone has any prepared settings i could use i'm looking to do a btcc series exactly like the real series. so if you have the settings or can point me in the direction for them be grateful thanks.

With AC Server Manager you have a frontend to define it all. There is also a template with a standard setting. What is your issue with that precisely? Are you talking LAN or Kunos lobby or both? Your own server or just hosting the game on your PC?

well all of it tbh lol..setting it all up initially .. i can build and fix pcs all day long but the actual running im a shall we say useless lol... id be doing it from my own pc and if by some miracle it got popular id look at a dedicated server. but for now im just looking how to set each race as it would be in the btcc from cars success ballast reverse grid mandatory tire usage. well practically all the rules an regs used in the btcc i think once i have a template to follow ill be happy as a pig in well you get it lol.

atm i look at the server set up page and im confused lol.. i know i can figure it out but not without some guidance..

I think that if you wish a good example ... in fact that's what you need to understand better how it works ( also reading the examples and informations in the "Manual" you find in the ACServer Manager ).....
Give us the rules you wish to apply for your BTCC races .... and we might help you with a precise example and some explanations if needed.

cheers..
3 race format...laps dependent on track..

Race grids

• The grid for race one is decided during qualifying session
  • The grid for race two is based on the finishing order of race one
  • The grid for race three is a top 10 reversed-grid

Success Ballast
Ballast is given to the top ten runners in the following allocations:

1st: 75kg, 2nd: 66kg 3rd: 57kg, 4th: 48kg, 5th: 39kg, 6th: 33kg, 7th: 27kg, 8th: 21kg, 9th: 15kg, 10th: 9kg

For races two and three, ballast is allocated according to the finishing positions in race one and two respectively

Tyres
each driver must use two different tires in one of the 3 races so
race 1 = soft.. race 2= medium.. race 3= soft or medium...GOOD
race 1= soft.. race 2= soft.. race 3 = soft...NOT ALLOWED

iv looked at the server setup and get how to add tracks cars and do the weather times etc etc i just cant understand how to implement the other stuff to it..

No time free this evening to look at it ( championship round tonight ) ... but I already noticed you wish to have 3 races.
Some rules are possible at the start, some surely need commands in the session itself and some need another server start ( or another server instance ).

If no one have helped you in the meantime ....I'll have a look at it tomorrow.;)

I think you need to get familiar with the basics of setting up a server before anything else.

Here is some explanation for some less obvious cfg lines. Those in blue relate to your eventual goal to do BTCC type rules. To do success ballast you will need to log in to your server as admin using server/chat commands and then assign ballast player by player at the end of Q or R1 also using server commands. If you are serious about doing this you will want to add quite a lot of "QUALIFY_MAX_WAIT_PERC=" or "RACE_OVER_TIME=" to give yourself time to assign the ballast. Like I said to you in your other thread someone made an app to make this a lot easier but didn't release it. It still requires the admin to be on the server to assign ballast even with the app. You can't set the server up to assign ballast automatically.

[SERVER]
NAME=
CARS=
CONFIG_TRACK=
TRACK=
SUN_ANGLE=-60 is lower limit (8am) 60 is upper limit (6pm)
PASSWORD=this is the password that is needed to enter the server, leave blank for public server
ADMIN_PASSWORD=choose an admin password to use on the server, you will need this if you want to assign ballast to players.
UDP_PORT=
TCP_PORT=
HTTP_PORT=
UDP_PLUGIN_LOCAL_PORT=
UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS=
AUTH_PLUGIN_ADDRESS=
MAX_BALLAST_KG=300 < must be higher than the highest you wish to use, 75kg in your case
QUALIFY_MAX_WAIT_PERC=160 < maximum amount of time players have to finish Q when timer hits 0
RACE_PIT_WINDOW_START=0
RACE_PIT_WINDOW_END=0
REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS=0 < top X amount of places to reverse for race 2, 0 will be 1 race format, 1-24 will be 2 race format. E.g =4 will reverse places 1234 for race 2.
LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST=0
PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED=1
LOOP_MODE=1
SLEEP_TIME=1
CLIENT_SEND_INTERVAL_HZ=18
SEND_BUFFER_SIZE=0
RECV_BUFFER_SIZE=0
RACE_OVER_TIME=120
KICK_QUORUM=51
VOTING_QUORUM=51
VOTE_DURATION=20
BLACKLIST_MODE=1
FUEL_RATE=100
DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER=100
TYRE_WEAR_RATE=100
ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=2
ABS_ALLOWED=1 < 0 is off,1 allows factory settings only, 2 allows all
TC_ALLOWED=1
START_RULE=2
RACE_GAS_PENALTY_DISABLED=1
RESULT_SCREEN_TIME=30
MAX_CONTACTS_PER_KM=5
STABILITY_ALLOWED=0
AUTOCLUTCH_ALLOWED=0
TYRE_BLANKETS_ALLOWED=0
FORCE_VIRTUAL_MIRROR=0
REGISTER_TO_LOBBY=1
MAX_CLIENTS=24
LEGAL_TYRES=force specific tyres only, for example if a car has ST and SM and you put =ST people will not be able to use the SM (semislick) tyres.
RACE_EXTRA_LAP=0
WELCOME_MESSAGE=

[PRACTICE]
NAME=Practice
TIME=
IS_OPEN=1

[QUALIFY]
NAME=Qualify
TIME=12
IS_OPEN=1

[RACE]
NAME=Race
LAPS=10
WAIT_TIME=60
IS_OPEN=1

[DYNAMIC_TRACK]
SESSION_START=97
RANDOMNESS=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=100
LAP_GAIN=90

[WEATHER_0]
GRAPHICS=5_light_clouds
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=21
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=02
VARIATION_AMBIENT=1
VARIATION_ROAD=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=10
WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=135
WIND_VARIATION_DIRECTION=60

[WEATHER_1]
GRAPHICS=4_mid_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=27
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=03
VARIATION_AMBIENT=2
VARIATION_ROAD=2
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=10
WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=245

[WEATHER_2]
GRAPHICS=4_mid_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=24
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=01
VARIATION_AMBIENT=3
VARIATION_ROAD=3
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=20
WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=155

[WEATHER_3]
GRAPHICS=4_mid_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=27
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=02
VARIATION_AMBIENT=2
VARIATION_ROAD=2
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=10
WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=28

[WEATHER_4]
GRAPHICS=3_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=25
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=04
VARIATION_AMBIENT=1
VARIATION_ROAD=2
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=20
WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=32

[WEATHER_5]
GRAPHICS=3_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=23
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=02
VARIATION_AMBIENT=2
VARIATION_ROAD=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=10
WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=230

[WEATHER_6]
GRAPHICS=3_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=23
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=06
VARIATION_AMBIENT=1
VARIATION_ROAD=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=10
WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=300

[WEATHER_7]
GRAPHICS=4_mid_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=26
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=05
VARIATION_AMBIENT=1
VARIATION_ROAD=2
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=10
WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=240

[WEATHER_8]
GRAPHICS=3_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=22
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=00
VARIATION_AMBIENT=0
VARIATION_ROAD=0
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MIN=1
WIND_BASE_SPEED_MAX=20
WIND_BASE_DIRECTION=70

You also have to know that the "reverse grid" feature in AC only works with races scheduled in laps and not in ... time.

But there's surely something more .... as yesterday, at our league's championship round, although everything was correct in the server_cfg file, the reverse grid didn't work: although the 2nd race appeared on server and loop mode was activated .... we were all disconnected while I found that the server instance was still running ! ???????????

I'll have to test but I think that the problem maybe found its cause in ..... time acceleration (x5) rather than a track problem.
This Reverse grid system .... is really not reliable ( as we have not enough info about it :( ).

Last edited:
In fact, for the ballast, you have another easier solution.

Supposing you will have a pause between the 1st and 2nd race, you might prepare other server files in ACServer Manager only... with all drivers as for the 1st session and during the pause ... add the ballast in the "Cars/Entry list" tab and modify the grid using the "move up" or "move down" buttons for the grid according to the result of 1st race.

Save the files, export them to your server folder and restart the server.

But the important thing is: have a little practice session time .... to allow all drivers to enter the server ( but no driver may do a single lap, else the prepared grid will be spoiled ) no Qualify session as the grid is already prepared and simply launch the race using the server command /next_session.

One advantage .... in this case, of course, you may also participate as driver !

NB: Always working so ... as I'm also a driver :whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.5%
  • < 5 years