dedicated server question.

does anyone know how to set this up? ive found the application in the assetto route directory, however not sure what to do on the entry list tab. any help would be appreciated.

To be honest i get ban from AC forum just now for asking too much about this question (some people keep insult me, i fight back and i get ban. Great forum) .. i wont go that forum again but lets see if i can get some useful help here instead.
Mind you i dont know anything about router or networking & i do search internet for my modem model to see how to forward but no luck & i even call to my ISP provider who provide the modem for the question & all they say is "Let me try to reset your port here" ... which doesnt make sense.

Now this is my modem/router menu after i type 192.168.1.1, so which one is for forwarding a port ??
FJPhSLv.jpg

Thanks first.

Mmm yeah i find the brand & model in that website but the screenshot it show so different with mine .. I believe its the much older version.
By the way i already set static IP like this --
ZJzZowT.jpg

And forward port in my router like this --
kOIHtLs.jpg

and great news is i still get this --
jxH72Yn.jpg

So what now ??

Whats your router model and is it supplied by your ISP? They often customize them. Also your DNS looks off to me. With a DNS of 192.168.1.1 your PC is effectively trying to find the internet by looking at itself.

Try these. They are OpenDNS settings
Primary: 208.67.222.222
Secondary. 208.67.220.220

My IP address is ok, i follow exactly the "how to set a static IP" instruction by enter ipconfig/all in CMD to find it like this --
qcS24Ds.jpg

By the way i just get it done, initially i try to set those port in "Port Triggering" which suggest by those guide like this
BLgWYRm.jpg

but end up the right way is actually do this in "Virtual Servers" section like this --
eUATqdx.jpg

So finally it work now. By the way I never play any game that need to do like this for MP. Even the nK-Pro dont need me to do port forwarding like this. Weird game.

Anyway i like to thanks again for your(s) help. Really appreciate it. Much better than those response from those arrogant people in AC forum who not really helping and just keep insulting for my stupidity on this aspect :)

Many many thanks again for the help. Have a good race :cool:

Can you get from your router what your outside IP address is? Otherwise, get it from whatismyipaddress.com.

Then, run cmd.exe and type:

ping <IP address>

If that's not reachable, your AC can't route to the AC server on your computer.

If it is, you probably don't have the incoming connections set up right on your router.

Yeah this is my IP:
wTwBn9z.jpg

And then ping no problem:
P3m2CsS.jpg

And then also no problem create a server and found it in server list which in booking session:
9uhGTnZ.jpg

But when i click on it i get this:
zlmF26x.jpg

Problematic MP.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%