Dedicated server access ??

my name is phil(fil140), i am brand new to the world of pc but i am learning fast.Before september 2016 i couldnt evenswitch a pc on.i have been console racing for 20years and have now built a sweet system.
I followed the r3e instructions and i now have a fully functioning dedicated server for myself and three team mates, we can all join and race but i need to give them access to the server control room(8088).
My problem is that i do not know,or understand exactly how to grant them access to the server, i can get as far as the point where i need to create an access file but i have no idea of how to do this.
All of the 'how to's' only go as far as saying, create a file.
How do i create a file?and how do i know that its not a txt file?and what type of file should it be? I am in the folder containing the dedicated server, should i have accessed this from notepad file tab?and i have to 'create an access file', i have no idea of how to do this, so i need very VERY! Simple click by click instructions(idiot proof)
Please if you have the time, i would really apreciate your help.
I have really tried to google this problem and i have asked on other forums, but nothing helpful comes back

Welcome to the world of PC. I don't run my own server but have worked with PC's for a lot of years. As far as creating an "access file", that would normally be a text file. There are a number of programs made to write code in text but for a simple file "Notepad" is just fine. All you do is open Notepad, write out the lines of text in the way R3E ask you to and then go to "file" in the menu and save the file. Note what folder it is saved in, I usually save everything to the desktop and then move it, and then copy and paste it to the appropriate folder where your other R3E folders are located. Since I haven't tried to set up a R3E server I can't help much more than that but when I get back to my home, a week or so, I could try to look it up. Hope that helps if you haven't already solved the problem.

Welcome to the world of PC. I don't run my own server but have worked with PC's for a lot of years. As far as creating an "access file", that would normally be a text file. There are a number of programs made to write code in text but for a simple file "Notepad" is just fine. All you do is open Notepad, write out the lines of text in the way R3E ask you to and then go to "file" in the menu and save the file. Note what folder it is saved in, I usually save everything to the desktop and then move it, and then copy and paste it to the appropriate folder where your other R3E folders are located. Since I haven't tried to set up a R3E server I can't help much more than that but when I get back to my home, a week or so, I could try to look it up. Hope that helps if you haven't already solved the problem.
thanks for your reply, ive stumbled across the solution now whilst learning other tricks but thankyou so much for your time,ill watch out for you online and im also on iracing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%