Dedicated 'Club' Servers - any ETA?

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I know you have lots to work on in the game @Jay Ekkel , that people may think is more important, but the thing that is really lacking for me is Club Racing.

I never race online with randoms because they are usually t-bone, corner cutting idiots, unlike our own licensed drivers.

Currently, with the lack of Race 07 servers, I'm getting desperate for some Touring car action with my friends - even with new friends - but your WTCC pack can't be run on private servers (and, did I mention, you have no Minis? :roflmao: ) so my club racing recreation is taking a hit.

How soon can we have Race Department R3E servers, please? Pretty please? With sugar on top? :notworthy:

(Edit: Yes, I did a search first and all we have is non-official people saying they may be 'coming soon' - I played EvE Online, I know how long Soon™ can be...) ;)

SimBin dropped the ball on this one for sure, and while I think Sector3 are doing a lot of rights the last year or so, I also think they kind of undermine the importance of these core multiplayer features. If I where to decide, it would be number one priority feature to get working before anything else.
But I may be wrong, it might be better, from a financial standpoint for them, to focus on other features, they have the numbers no that not us.

R3E Alpha mp has been available only for a short time, updates will come to it. We are fully aware its not serving the purposes for leagues at the moment, but features will be added along the way. These things just take time to mature. We are only that many people with a lot of things to do. :)

PS.
But as mentioned above or elsewhere, if the last few months show anything it is that we mean bussines.

Last edited:
R3E Alpha mp has been available only for a short time, updates will come to it. We are fully aware its not serving the purposes for leagues at the moment, but features will be added along the way. These things just take time to mature. We are only that many people with a lot of things to do. :)

And clubs. Dedicated servers and I would have bought all content yesterday (and many others would follow).

We are not disagreeing with things said here, but we are only a small team (even smaller then before now with the new studio), and things just take time to get done. If it were a 5 min job it would already been done ;)

I bet the loudest advocates of getting dedi's for r3e are inside our team.

I told @Jay Ekkel that I'd support their efforts so I bought the €39.99 vRP pack at the weekend. So far I only grabbed the WTCC pack (no-brainer!) and the ADAC GT Pack (mainly for the tracks - I can't drive those things).

The Monza track (which I know really well) is very well done and it was amazing fun driving it at mid-day with the tree shadows creating the difficulties I've experienced in real life racing. I'm looking forward to trying the rest of the content out and learning some more of the tracks, but until we have dedicated RD servers I doubt I'll get to race with any of you.

I joined the AC GT club race on Saturday and we had 28 Quali/Starters in the race. It was great fun and I'd love to see us do that with the WTCC Pack in R3E.

My money's in S3's wallet, just waiting for the servers. I bet we'd even help with beta-testing Dedi-Servers here, we're pretty brave that way. :thumbsup:

(and Minis - we need Minis)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing