Dedicated 'Club' Servers - any ETA?

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I know you have lots to work on in the game @Jay Ekkel , that people may think is more important, but the thing that is really lacking for me is Club Racing.

I never race online with randoms because they are usually t-bone, corner cutting idiots, unlike our own licensed drivers.

Currently, with the lack of Race 07 servers, I'm getting desperate for some Touring car action with my friends - even with new friends - but your WTCC pack can't be run on private servers (and, did I mention, you have no Minis? :roflmao: ) so my club racing recreation is taking a hit.

How soon can we have Race Department R3E servers, please? Pretty please? With sugar on top? :notworthy:

(Edit: Yes, I did a search first and all we have is non-official people saying they may be 'coming soon' - I played EvE Online, I know how long Soon™ can be...) ;)

Valid point, @Kjell Eilertsen ;)

I'm just hoping @Jay Ekkel is feeling like giving us some information when they get back into work tomorrow. Currently, the game is great as a 'tech demo' and I'm even figuring out the FFB settings I need and I like some of the cars (FWD naturally), but without Club Racing it's just not fun.

(and Minis, obviously, there have to be Minis) :thumbsup:

a tech demo? I try not to be insulted, its way more then just a demo, its the only sim out there with official race series (not just one but three), fantastic sounds, great racing/driving experience, and although in Alpha at the moment, the best and smoothest MP out there.

not saying i disagree that there is still a lot of work to be done but calling it a "tech demo" uuuuf, you almost made me pop a vain :p

And we will announce more info when we announce more info, but if the last two months have shown anything its that we mean bussines ;)

Hehe - fair enough, @Jay Ekkel - thought you might be off relaxing at a spa, not checking forums on your day off.

It depends what people want from the game, I suppose.

I don't race randoms. I prefer club racing here. When I play single player I want to play full Championship series in FWD cars, so for me it's lacking the features I want.

I agree, it is coming along, but I can't comment on the multiplayer because I'd have to jump onto servers with non-RD racers and they make me pop veins. ;)

The game looks great, and I know you'll make announcements about dedi-servers at some point, but How Long?

I'm only pushing hard for this because we have no Race 07 servers, rF2's FFB does not seem to be designed for my kind of racing and AC club races miss my racing timeslot in the week and use cars I can't drive for toffee :redface:

R3E Club Racing, please? :p

i look at it like this , the game is called what and what does that company do? i believe that eventually we will get dediservers but only after the mp side has come out of alpha/beta and is finished , heres a trick you can do , get on ts with 20 friends and all join the same server ; ive done it and we had a good laugh and some good racing , it is possible

Andi

I would already be really happy if the servers wouldn't kick out erveryone after the race and instead load the next track. And use more tracks for each class.

@Connor: You should really try some wtcc online races, random people are very fair at the moment and the skill is high. To me it almost feels like driving in a league. Ok, you first have to survive the first corner but that will always be a problem ^^

I agree, it is coming along, but I can't comment on the multiplayer because I'd have to jump onto servers with non-RD racers and they make me pop veins. ;)
i have to disagree on this one...i'm here on RD but i'm a slow driver...fair but slow...being here at RD doesn't entitle people to be very good drivers...and you may find some good drivers that aren't here ;)

i have to disagree on this one...i'm here on RD but i'm a slow driver...fair but slow...being here at RD doesn't entitle people to be very good drivers...and you may find some good drivers that aren't here ;)
It's the fairness I race here for, not the speed. The non-RD drivers in every online race I had before coming here tended to bump and run, or t-bone me in corners. That's the part that makes my veins pop. :D

It's the fairness I race here for, not the speed. The non-RD drivers in every online race I had before coming here tended to bump and run, or t-bone me in corners. That's the part that makes my veins pop. :D
How anyone can disagree with his personal experiences are beyond me, he wasn't even stating it as a fact, just sharing his experience....
I've had much the same experience in most sims and servers, it was the reason I went to google and started looking for a community with passworded servers and found RD. I've had a mixed bag of experiences with R3E, some races are clean and fun, some are a total mess.

One of the reasons I don't like the current system and rather want dedi servers is because I don't want to be that guy myself (the guy who runs people off in T1). With club races I can look what's coming up and put in a few hours of practice on the car/track combination before I venture out on track to face others. With the current system in R3E I have no idea if I'm gonna get a race on a track I know in a car I've driven before, so chances are huge I will end up in a race with a combo I'm neither consistent nor safe in. I've sadly not found the time (or will) to practice every car and track combo just in case.

Connor what do you mean by saying that we have no Race 07 servers? What about Race 07 club hosted by Dennis Phelan? I raced there few times and it were always nice races with lots of fun.

The Race 07 servers were great, but they died about 11 days ago, @Krzysztof Wolek .

During the break up of the Simbin company, someone forgot to move the Race 07 Lobby Server to a new location so nobody can play Race 07 online any more. They need lawyers to fix the problem, so it could take months.

I always enjoyed the WTCC and Mini Friday races with @Dennis Phelan and the other RD guys. I'm at a bit of a loose end without them. :(

i agree , but there isnt a dedi at the moment and as for a timeline who knows , i hope for one everyday and i see progress speeding up in many aspects of the gameplay so hopefully one day it will come
from my side i keep hassling

Andi

I keep hearing for a year now that multiplayer is coming. In its current state and form its just public server racing with the same horrible racing standards and attitude.

It's beyond me why certain key-features of a racing game are still not available for R3E and DTM after such a long time.

The initial Virtual DTM series thread dates from a year ago. Interest has dried up and to be honest I can't be bothered to pick it up anymore either.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back