Decrease AI CPU load?

I wonder if it's possible to drecrease physics refresh rate for AI or other similar tweaks to have less load on the CPU when running full grid. It always has been my biggest "issue".
I'm looking for any tip here.
Btw, have a good weekend guys!

Not that I know of. As the AI uses the same physics as the player car, they're quite heavy on the CPU - most other sims have a simplified physics model for the AI.

You can try lowering shadow and reflection settings as these are some of the biggest CPU hits in the graphics settings, but they'll only help a little bit.

I wonder if it's possible to drecrease physics refresh rate for AI or other similar tweaks to have less load on the CPU when running full grid. It always has been my biggest "issue".
I'm looking for any tip here.
Btw, have a good weekend guys!

Might not be the best solution, but disabling damage, tyre wear and fuel consumption helps with lowering CPU usage when racing AI. Reason why, they use the same physics as the player's (well, almost the same) which means that not having to manage all those things for all of the AI cars puts way less stress on the CPU. Personally, I have disabled damage and tyre wear, and just left fuel consumption on. You might wanna give it a try.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back