[Dec 12, 2013] GTL: GTC-65 Ferrari 250 SWB v Renault Alpine A110 (Hidden Valley Raceway)

Steven Walker

Slowly getting better!
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R

Class: GTC-65 Ferrari 250 SWB (Download) v GTC-65 Renault Alpine A110 (Default)
Track: Hidden Valley Raceway (1.8m - 2.8km) (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (17 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (17 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Alpine / Race2 = Ferrari. Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Steve Walker - Alpine / Ferrari
  2. Denis Betty - Titanic / Alpine
  3. Hans Sneep - Alpine / Ferrari
  4. Jack Smith - Ferrari / Alpine
  5. Rupe Wilson - Alpine / Ferrari
  6. Warren Schembri - Ferrari / Alpine
  7. Allan Ramsbottom - Alpine / Ferrari
  8. Paul Bennett - Ferrari / Alpine
  9. Roland Warmenhoven - Alpine / Ferrari
  10. Yves Larose - Ferrari / Alpine
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are too late for that session.

Please think of your fellow drivers. Get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive. We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.

If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Well i made it through a full event with no outside interference....
It felt good...

In the little test i had done the previous week id gone through the pack of cars and had a good idea of what times i could get.
I did not quality in both races so as to have some fun mid pack, But soon found myself at the front in both races knocking on the podium spots early on in the races,
throwing the alpine round in the first race waiting for the Ferrari to come steaming by which it did on the straight..
Had great fun with Roland as we were gifted the top spots due to 1st Steven and Allan crashing in the Alpine and then Yves spinning in the Ferrari. then i was all alone as Roland had a moment.
Yves was back on it and came by again on the start straight. that how we finished 1st and 2nd
i had no answer to Yves but it did not stop me form trying

2nd race roles were reversed this time. no qually again i had set a good few fast laps in practice so started from the rear again.. I soon found Steven and Roland again up front with Allan a couple of seconds ahead in the lead And Yves nipping at my rear in the Alpine. early on in the race Yves had a moment and i ended up pointing in the wrong direction in the grass.
So after that it was head down and foot to the floor. after catching back up to the leaders with a few laps to go i was in second place right on Roland's rear but time ran out and 2nd place was as far as i could get ..
good fun really enjoyed the combo two 2nd places was a surprise.
Yes the cars were a little off but it still made for great fun. and starting form the rear made it a bit more challenging at times..

Roll on next week..

thanks all for turning up and being gentleman.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last night was great and I thoroughly enjoyed racing with you guys. I'd had two good qualifying sessions which put me on the front of the grid and got good clean starts in both races.

Race 1 in the Alpine was fairly close while it lasted as @Allan Ramsbottom was right on my tail for 4 or so laps until I lost the back end and slammed into the bales at the end of the start/finish straight suckering Allan in at the same time.:sneaky: Fortunately for me my engine restarted and I was able to limp back to the pits with heavy steering damage. Unfortunately for Allan his race was over and he Esc'd back to the pits. It was a long pit stop and by the time I rejoined the track I was 2 laps down so i just pootled round for the rest of the race and tried to unlap myself. Oh well, better luck next race.:thumbsup:

Race 2 in the Ferrari and thanks to Yves setup :thumbsup: I was able to keep a decent pace but got overtaken by @Roland Warmenhoven very early on.who had a great second race. I managed to stay in 3rd place for a while until I had a little too much power out of turn 4 which let @Rupe Wilson and @Yves Larose through. A few laps further into the race and Yves had a coming together with Rupe which gave me my 3rd spot back and from there I started to push hard to catch up to Roland.
By about mid race Allan started to struggle on his tyres as Roland and I closed in on him and coming out of turn 6 he came off track allowing Roland to just squeeze through into the lead. Sadly Allan managed to rejoin the track just before I could also capitalize on his mistake so I had to follow for another few laps hoping he would make another mistake or leave a gap for me to go through. I did see a gap open up on the entry to the last bend that I thought I could slot into but he was a bit erratic at this point and he closed this unexpectedly causing me to clip his rear right corner slightly which put me off the track handing 3rd spot to Rupe again :rolleyes:.
By this time there weren't many laps left so I gritted my teeth and set off in chase. It came down to the run out of the last corner on the last lap when I finally made a pass on Allan as he had left a gap on the outside of the track just wide enough for a Ferrari to squeeze through.:roflmao:

There were a few last minute signups that brought our numbers up to decent levels. Many thanks to everyone who turned up and congrats to podiums. See you next race.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Hilarious is the best word I can think of to describe last night for me.. I actually did have some practice laps with Titanic the night before, and it paid off!
R1 in the Alpine, a car I used in a league once, I was no match for the really really quick guys, but as they made somewhat of a mess after a few laps, I had a blast with Rupe fofr the lead, until I made a mess of it myself and spun off. Car was fine an I could continue, but without hope for a top spot.

R2, in the Titanic, I feared a little. Especially as I managed to destroy my front tyres in 6 or 7 laps during P2. I then switched to Yves' setup for this track (Thanks Yves!:thumbsup: and thanks Steven for the tip) whichh turned out to be easier on the tyres.
I'm not sure how it could possibly happen, but I had again fun chasing Allan and being chased by Rupe, with Steven in the mix as well, and I managed to complete the race without accidents or screwups:cool:.
On top of that, Allan struggled with his tyres for the last 5 laps, Steven struggled to get past Allan, and Rupe had fallen so far back that even being well over 1 sec. faster every lap he still couldn't catch me in time. So I WON!!:D I WON!!:D Driving a Titanic!:D Only due to a shedload of luck, but still, I could hardly believe it.:O_o:

Thanks all for racing, Grats to all finishers, CYA soon!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%