Illegal overtake, sausage kurb for next year's event.
This ^^^^^ takes care of that. I like that Max was pushing, but I'm reminded of a phrase you hear in racing "You don't pass there". That section, while it looks wide, is like running through a tunnel. Max just went to the right of the tunnel. I just hope we can all agree to disagree on this one. I fully respect the opinions of my peers;)Cheers

vestappen-usgp-pass-png.218272

Hey, he didn't cross the second white line with two wheels! :p

Hey, he didn't cross the second white line with two wheels! :p

I agree... Drivers will exploit any possible advantage they can, and I think VER should not be penalized by a flaw in the track design.

So what to do for the next race.... remove or reduced the red runoff from the apex curbing would be nice, or regard the red runoff as part of the track.

circuit-of-the-americas.jpg

I see some people complaining about Kimi's "reaction". I just ask a question: How would you drive the Turn 16?

For me it looked like Kimi did all he can within the rules by positioning his car in the middle of the track so there is absolutely zero opportunity for legal overtake.

Tbh. Max was worried about FIA ruining the sports with stupid penalties but didn't say a word about the reason he got the chance to overtake which is even worse: both Ferrari's had to drive extremely slowly to save fuel. That's pure racing my friends! :poop::roflmao:

In my opinion the penalty is well deserved.
I mean, he basically overtook Kimi outside of the track!
Like Alonso did against Kubica at Silverstone 2010, or Vettel-Button at Hockenheim 2012.

They both got a penalty (and much worse than 5 seconds) for that, why Verstappen shouldn't?

I agree... Drivers will exploit any possible advantage they can, and I think VER should not be penalized by a flaw in the track design.

So what to do for the next race.... remove or reduced the red runoff from the apex curbing would be nice, or regard the red runoff as part of the track.

The kerb are not even a part of the track...

It is very simple. Penalize people that runs off track and keeps the throttle in.

I am fanatic of kimi, but let's see it in the following way, in all the end of all the drivers in different curves surpassed the limiters of the circuit, if there is a penalty that is for all the same, Max made a carreron, .. but Kimi,. .demostro that knows how to manage the tires, with only one stop arrived with the right in the end in turn Vetel, with two, had to wait for the order of equipment to overcome kimi, ..

Honestly don't even think it was a big deal the media just made a **** show out of it like everything in F1 reporting.
I don't think max did it on purpose. I'm sure he was trying to pass on the track but he had to swerve to avoid collision with kimi. Unfortunately the pass was on the inside of the corner so it was a Track cut.
Had he gone 4 wheels off on the outside of a corner it would be slightly different and maybe worthy of debate this however is not. It was a great moment in the race and as fans it was exciting but exciting doesn't mean he should get the position.

Nordschleife 24hr VLN, Land motor sport over took cars with all 4 wheels on the grass and never even got a warning and won the 24hr race, didn't make any difference to the race, at worst Verstappen should have been given a track limits warning, if he repeated the move then serve the penalty, otherwise let the drivers do what they're there for driving.

I'm really surprised how many people are ardently defending Max. He left the track limits in 4th and came back on in 3rd - at that point, I'm done.

Max is a thrilling young talent and I'll be watching with great enthusiasm the day he is crowned world champion (which I think, unless he has exceptionally bad luck, is almost inevitable). But, on this particular day, he was the 4th fastest driver and I think everyone (Max fans, Max haters, and everyone in between) needs to come to grips with that fact.

Poll shows a clear land slide....72% . When people started to defend wheel bashing in Baku, its no surprise that a few would support 4 wheels way over the white line.

Nordschleife 24hr VLN, Land motor sport over took cars with all 4 wheels on the grass and never even got a warning and won the 24hr race, didn't make any difference to the race, at worst Verstappen should have been given a track limits warning, if he repeated the move then serve the penalty, otherwise let the drivers do what they're there for driving.

So, one free illegal move each race allowed?

The penalty was maybe correct, but the inconsistency of the FIA is the problem here. Remember Spa 2015, Verstappen passing Nasr going outside on Blanchimont corner?Also here he was with 4 wheels off the track (this time on the outside), but... he gained an advantage by that because he could keep the inside line for the next chicane, so he was able to pass Nasr there. And... the FIA rewarded this with the FIA action the year!!! But maybe the rules have changed since 2015?

Poll shows a clear land slide....72% . When people started to defend wheel bashing in Baku, its no surprise that a few would support 4 wheels way over the white line.

Lol I think the penalty was correct but I must say i think the wheel bashing was the best thing to happen to F1 in recent history.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back